Day Trip to Lewiston: 10/14/20

 Betty and I decided to go to Lewiston in order to hike one of the trails at ArtPark.    I found a map online but could not print it out, so I copied the part on the right hand side that showed what I thought we needed to find what we wanted.  

Betty arrived at my house a little early, just as I was getting geocache information, so I hurried up and got ready, and she followed me to Center Street in Lewiston.  We walked around Main Street for a bit.  We went into THE COUNTRY DOCTOR, an antique and gift shop. 

I think I have been in it before.  Betty bought a tin turkey tray and I found a ring I really liked for $12 so I bought it.    There are a lot of fall and Halloween decorations on Center Street.  


We decided to get lunch at THE SPICEY PICKLE.  

We both ordered an item which I think is called MAKE YOUR OWN BOWL.  Actually, my glasses were so fogged up from wearing a face mask that I could not read the menu which was up on the wall, so I ordered what Betty ordered.  We were able to make several choices to get a personalized bowl of healthy food.  The brown rice and beans on the bottom made this a very filling meal.  Neither one of us finished our bowl.  
Betty wanted dark chocolate, so we ended up in THE VILLAGE BAKESHOP, where she bought a brownie and I bought three gluten free, lactose free cookies.  

Then it was time to go to ArtPark.  I had only been there once before, a few years ago when I was with Carol K. and we had a picnic lunch there.  But it was easy to find.  We parked and used the restroom and walked around the area between the parking lot and the cliff above the river.



We overheard a conversation in which a woman asked a young fellow how to find the hiking trails, so we then knew where to go.  We found the trail to the LOWER RIVER'S EDGE TRAIL (at least I think that is the name of it, there was NO sign).  The trail is mostly downhill, but it is a gradual slope on a well maintained trail.  Most of the way, you can see the river.  The views of the river (with Canada on the other side) were spectacular. 






I love the turquoise color of the river.

The views on the left hand side as we walked were great, too.  At the end of our walk, we were able to get right down close to the water, where there was a fellow fishing.   Then we returned the way we came and headed back to our car.  

There is another trail, which I think is called THE WOODS TRAIL, which is adjacent to the parking lot.  We were pretty tired but we decided to check it out and walk a little way down the trail.  There are sculptures along the trail. 

including this tree which seems to have a small speaker on it, which gives off a strange clicking noise when approached.  
Before leaving Lewiston, we decided to stop and get a frozen custard.  
I took a chance and ordered a chocolate custard cone (small) and hoped for the best considering that I am pretty sure that I am lactose intolerant.  

Before going home, I went to Mary Anne's house to check the mail, pull the recyclable container away from the road and see if Kevin has left the key to the cottage on the kitchen counter like I asked him to.  Someone had already pulled in the recyclable can and there was NO key in the kitchen.  When I got home, I called the new owner and told him that I tried to get the key but was unable to.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DAY EIGHT of Alaskan Cruise: Thursday, September 18, 2025 Skagway

Week of Sunday, August 10th through Saturday, August 16th, 2025 (Recipe for Crazy Crust Pie)

Wednesday, August 19, 2020