Friday, 10/30/2020

 I walked over to Beauman's to get my car.  I think it was about a mile and a quarter walk, maybe more.  It took me 25 minutes.  It was a bit chilly, but I was dressed warmly.   

I dropped some bills and refund checks off at the lawyers office, went to the library to read todays paper, and dropped the last of Mary Anne's coins and bills off to David so he could look at them.  A little after one p.m.  I  did the "drive thru even" at the Dale Association.  There were Halloween decorations and a few people (including  Gretchen who taught the Aging Mastery Classes that I took last year) were dressed up.






  I was given a small bag of Halloween candy. but most of it was stuff I do not care for.   I went to Mary Anne's house to check on both the house and the apartment.  

David called me later on in the day and offered me $150.00 for the remainder of the coins and bills.  I accepted.  I probably could get more, but I am tired of dealing with them.  

Betty dropped off three fresh eggs from Elaine's chickens and a couple of tortilla shells.  She had just returned from taking Elaine E. to Millers.  

I really did not accomplish much around the house today, mostly because I am reading Dorothy Cleary's memoir A GIRL FROM YAMHILL.  

This morning I took a container out of the freezer to thaw, which I thought had either cooked chicken or cooked turkey in it.  I was trying to come up with an idea or two of what to do with it but nothing was inspiring.  When I opened the container up, I found that it was HAM (maybe left over from Easter).  I immediately got a good idea.  I opened two cans of beans (and added a bit of brown sugar and zucchini relish) and put them in a casserole dish and put the pieces of ham on top and into the oven it went.   Then I mixed up a batch of corn muffins.  I also melted some butter with some honey.  So my supper was beans and ham over corn muffins and a side of pickled cabbage.  It was a great meal and I have enough leftovers for another meal.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023