October 21, 2020 Shopping!!!!

 I was hoping today would be a nice day so that I could do some hiking, but it turned out that it was damp and wet out.  I moved very slow this morning, and did a couple of things around the house.  I decided it was a good day to do some shopping.  

I have needed a new plastic mat to set inside my front door for a couple of years.  The old one had several cracks in it.  I tried to order one by phone from our local OFFICE MAX, but I was told that it has to be ordered online.  I try to avoid using my credit card on the internet.     So I decided to go to OFFICE MAX and see what they might have.  

They did have a few and I chose one.  It isn't as large as the old one, but it will do.  I purchased it.  Then I went to WalMart and stocked up on toilet paper, paper towels and disinfectant wipes.   I decided to drive out further on the transit and go to Home Goods.  I was hoping to find an oval tablecloth to fit my kitchen/dining room table.  No luck there, so I went to Target, and still no luck.  I also went to Bed, Bath and Beyond but they didn't have anything.  I went to the BUFFALO STORE, hoping to find some clothing in Buffalo Plaid, but they did not have much and the prices were very high on what they did have.   At J.C. Penney's, I found a kind of Buffalo Plaid flannel shirt in the men's department.  I purchased both a medium and a large, hoping that one of them will fit me.  The fitting rooms were closed, so I could not try them on.  

By that time, I was really getting hungry, so I headed towards home.   I thought I might stop and get something, but nothing appealed to me, so I had lunch at home.  While I was eating, Marlene called and wanted to take a walk, but I told her I was too worn out from shopping. 

Peggy came over to do something in the garage and to bring me the outline for tomorrow's Life Group, which I can attend either here at home or at Freedom Church.    While she was here, I asked her to help me remove the old plastic mat, which was under the table with the TV on it.  I needed her to lift up the edge of the table so I could pull the old, broken one out.   So, we did that, and then I cleaned the table and put everything back on it.   

I took a nap.  When I got up, Betty called and then Connie called.  Since I had such a late lunch, I did not have any supper.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023