Saturday, October 24th, 2020 I Reserved a Great Cottage at ASP !!!!!

 

Yesterday, I asked Betty if she might help me out by taking Mary Anne's foreign money to the money exchange office in the Galleria Mall.  She agreed and picked up the bills before I went to have my COVID test. 

On the way over to the branch of Eastern Niagara Hospital referred to as The Ambulatory Center (among other names)  my tire air pressure warning light came on.  UGH.  After I had my COVID test, I stopped at Pepboys and had them look at my tires.  The technician found a nail in the front passenger side tire, which he said cannot be repaired since it is too close to the edge.  When I got home, I called Northtown Subaru and asked if this is covered by a warranty (they don't know) and made an appointment for next Friday to bring the car in for that issue and an oil change.  The girl suggested that I call AAA and have them put the "donut" on.  So, I did that.  The guy from Beaumann's offered to get a price on a new tire and call me back Monday.  

I did some cleaning (my front porch) and the landing at the bottom of the stairs that go up to the second floor apartment.  I also raked some leaves in the side yard.  I napped a bit in the afternoon.

In the evening, on a whim I went to Reserve America, the site where you can reserve campsites and cabin or cottages in state parks (maybe national parks, too).  I found a nice cottage at MY FAVORITE STATE PARK (Allegany)  available in early October next year.  The reservation window was supposed to start tomorrow morning the 25th,  but I decided to try early (today, the 24th), and LO AND BEHOLD I have a cottage reserved from October 3 through October 8th on the Fancher Trail.  This is NOT a cabin! It is a cottage!   It sleeps six and has an indoor bathroom.  I paid the full price which is just under seven hundred dollars, using one of my credit cards.  Now, I have to find someone(s) to go with me!!!!!   I am thinking that Leslie and/or Mary might be able to meet me there and/or  and that Betty might join me.  We will only be allowed to have two cars at the site.  Next year I probably won't go to Mikes cottage on Delta Lake.  

I am so PSYCHED.  Five nights, four full days in one of my favorite places!  I saved the pic off of the site and it is up at the top.  Here are the site details: 

Site Reserve TypeSite-Specific
Site AccessDrive-In
Checkin Time5:00 PM
Checkout Time10:00 AM
Type of UseOvernight
Minimum Number of People1
Maximum Number of People6
Maximum Number of Vehicles2
Driveway SurfaceGravel
Driveway EntryPull-Through
ShadeFull
# of Bedrooms2
Gas HeatingY
Hot WaterY
Bed TypeSingle, Twin/Double
Living RoomY
Num of Beds4
FridgeY
Fridge with FreezerY
FurnishedY
MicrowaveY
PorchOpen
Stove/FridgeBoth
Stove/OvenY
SuppliesPots/Pans, Utensils
Campfire AllowedY
Fire PitY
Looking For CategoryCabin and Lodging
Bathing/Shower FacilityShower Stall
ToiletYes

WOW!!!!   FULL SHADE! everything provided (hopefully), they had to stop doing that this year because of the pandemic, but hopefully,
things will be different next year.  Campfires allowed!
microwave, frig and stove. OPEN PORCH!!!

This trip will be two weeks after my trip out west with Sheila and two weeks before my trip to Egypt with Peggy and David.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024