Sunday, October 25, 2020

 I stayed home from church today mostly because  I am supposed to self-quarantine until after my endoscopy this coming Thursday and also because my car has a "donut" on because of the tire with the nail in it.  I have to decide what to do about that tomorrow.  I could not get a straight answer from Northtown Subaru about whether or not this is covered under my warranty.    

I watched FREEDOM SOUTH morning service online and it was very good.  I did a few things around the house, and took care of getting the trash and collectibles out.

I messaged Mary on FB and asked if she might want to join me at the cabin I have reserved in Allegany State Park next October and she said YES, and she seems pretty excited about this.  So am I!!!!!   I have not stayed in the park since 1996 although I have been there several times in the past six years for day trips.   

I prepared a baked sweet potato, and summer squash for my late lunch along with a slice of meatloaf that I had previously frozen, and baked apple for desert.    After my nap, I prepared some popcorn in the popcorn maker that Megan gave me for my seventieth birthday.   I watched the final episode of FLESH and BLOOD on Masterpiece.  

The ending left me up in the air.  

Becky called in the evening and she was telling me a true story about how when she worked in a nursing home, she and another aide were transporting a body when the women they were transporting suddenly woke up.  I had to stop her from finishing the story when I saw that Connie was calling, but I will call Becky soon and ask her to finish the story.  Connie and I talked about the possibility of she and I taking a trip to Long Island.  She is in favor of that idea, but honestly, I don't think it will ever happen, since her health seems so precarious.  I hope it does happen, though.  I have never been to Long Island, where she grew up.  

According to the Canadian news at ten p.m  (THE NATIONAL) they are experiencing the second wave of COVID.  I guess its a good thing that we closed the border when we did.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024