Tuesday, October 27th, 2020 At Home

 I did not go to LIFE GROUP this morning due to the fact that I am supposed to be self-quarantining until after my endoscopy on Thursday.  I was on FB this morning and found the info about the church in Gasport offering a drive through take out donation turkey dinner on the first Saturday of November.  I thought Elaine would want to know about it, so I called her, but she already knew.  I also told her about the art exhibit at the History Center until November 14th.  I suggested that she and I might go together but she did not show any enthusiasm for that event.  She asked if I knew if the Cambria Congregational Church is doing any drive through dinners.  I told her I would message her cousin Lori on FB and ask.  I did that and Lori informed that she does not go to that church anymore, and that she would give Elaine a call.

The guys who mow my lawn came and asked me if I wanted them to mow, since the grass is still short.  First I said no, but then I suggested that maybe mowing and mulching the leaves up would be a good idea and they agreed to do that.  

I did some rearranging  and cleaning in my bedroom, and also in the living room, and I vacuumed the family room.  I did a bit of re-organizing of my travel info, and got rid of a lot of old brochures, etc. 

 I have compiled a LOT of info. that will be helpful for my trip to Allegany State Park next October.   I am more excited about this trip than I am about the other three trips I hope to go on in 2021:  Quebec with Marlene in July, The Badlands and Mount Rushmore in September with Sheila and Egypt in October with Peg and David.   Probably because I really can't be sure that any or all of those three trips will work out due to COVID.  However, ASP is right here in New York State and they have continued to rent cabins and cottages during the pandemic, so I feel kind of confident that at least this trip will work out.  

I paid all my bills and have only a couple of hundred dollars left in my Citizens checking account.  I will pay for my cottage rental out of the other checking account.  

I will be glad to get out of the house  tomorrow to go over to Beauman's for my new tire and NYS inspection.  Then I will drop some estate items off at the lawyers office.  And then I might go out to the Cooperative Extension and vote.  

After my nap, I prepared PICKLED CABBAGE using this recipe:  cooktoria.com/pickled-cabbage/#wprm-recipe-container-9192    I used peppers and onions instead of carrots.  It was pretty easy, but sure messed up the kitchen.  I am looking forward to trying it tomorrow.  

I talked to both Betty and Peggy on the phone in the evening, and I chatted with Pam in private message on Facebook.  I watched the first two episodes of THIS IS US.

I tried to reach Christa by phone but she did not answer.  I left her a message saying I was worried abut her.  She messaged me on FB saying that she is fine and the situation with the fires is much better.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023