November 6th and 7th

 FRIDAY, November 6th, 2020:   Elaine picked me up and then we went to get Nancy and we went to the Covenant Church in Gasport for their annual bazaar.  I bought several items, including two Christmas gifts (for Betty and Peggy), and some baked goods (including a plate of CUCIDATI for Pastor Ben) and home canned items. 




Elaine dropped me off and I had lunch before going to Wegmans.   I also checked out a route to get to Windsong where I am going for a mammogram and dexa scan next week.  I got close to a hundred dollars worth of groceries including two nice pieces of salmon, rosemary sour dough bread and apple cider bread, two bags of gluten free pretzels, crackers, cheese, PAM, etc.

When I got home, I raked a few leaves (three bags full) and put them in my trash.  I talked to Peggy on the phone twice, and watched couple of episodes of LAW and ORDER SVU.

SATURDAY, November 7th, 2020:   Betty, Peg and I made plans to meet up for a walk.  Before I left, Pam called and wanted to get together.  I invited her to join us but she declined.  She reminded me ot the art exhibit at the Kenan Center.    I took the plate of cookies I bought for Ben Fresch, a piece of salmon,  some beets and the rent check over to Peggy.  Then we dropped the cookies off at Freedom Church where Ben was holding a Freedom Group.  We also dropped off the Christmas box that I had done first aid on the other day.  

Then Peg and I drove to UNCLE G'S (an ice cream place in Pendleton), and met up with Betty there.  Uncle G's is closed but it is a good place to park for walking the Erie Canal Trail which runs behind it.   We walked over a half mile in, finding three geocaches along the way.  Peg and I walked ahead of Betty a little (she was sore from raking leaves) and to a bridge where there is a cache hidden, but we could not find it.  We turned around an walked back to the car.  

I had lunch, recorded my geocaches,  and rested a bit when I got home.  Elaine picked me up a little before three p.m. so we could go to he Drive Thru Turkey Dinner at Covenant United Church of Christ in Gasport.  We were dismayed to see a very long line curling around 31 when we got there.  Elaine suggested we skip it but I said I thought we should get in line and be patient.   We were in line about a half hour before getting our dinners.  They were superbly well organized.  Elaine suggested we have supper together at her house, but since I was not hungry  yet so I declined.  

When I got home, I did a bit of raking and bagging up leaves before settling in front of TV to watch a few episodes of LAW AND ORDER SVU.   I had my turkey dinner around 6:30 and it was very good!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024