Sunday, October 8th, 2020

 

I woke up to a gorgeous and quite warm day.   I was completely dressed for church and then when I stepped outside I found that it was much warmer than I thought it would be so I changed into capris and a short sleeved top  

Today was FREEDOM CHURCH'S first Sunday holding two services.  Instead of one service at ten a.m  we now have two services, one at nine a.m. and the second one at 11:00 a.m.   I went to the eleven a.m. service   I arrived early in order to save Myrna's favorite seat for her.   Betty picked Myrna and her granddaughter up and brought them to church.    There were fewer people in the eleven  a.m.  service than have been at the ten a.m. service, but that was to be expected  

I stopped at SUBWAY and bought a six inch tuna sub to take home for my lunch.  I called Barb, hoping to find her at home and free to take a walk, but I had to leave a message.   I  was itching to get out and enjoy the gorgeous weather, and for a little while I entertained the idea of calling Leslie and seeing if she was free for the next two days.  I had the thought that I could get us a room or two rooms at the NEW LANTERN MOTEL in Allegany, N.Y. for tomorrow night, and Leslie and I could meet up there and go to Allegany State Park and leave on Tuesday.   I checked the website for the New Lantern and saw that they have vacancies and I was getting ready to call Leslie when I remembered that I probably should stay around and be available for the upcoming closing of 61 Millar Place which could be later on this week or early next week.  I will need to sign papers before the actual closing, and I also need to sign papers regarding Mary Anne's retirement death benefit.    So, I decided NOT to pursue my getaway idea.   I decided to go look for the cemetery cache in Pendleton that Peg and I could not find the previous Saturday.   So, I did that, and this time I had the coords in right and I was able to find the right cemetery.  I found the area where the cache must be hidden, but the terrain is VERY rugged and I did not have on good shoes and I did not have my hiking pole.  

When I got home, I sat outside on the porch and read for a while.  Then I took a nap.  I prepared salmon and butternut squash for my supper.   Then I called Betty and we agreed to go geocaching tomorrow.  I started gathering info. about geocaches starting in Hartland and going east but then Connie called and we were on the phone for close to an hour.    She is stressing out about her estate planning.  It is clear that her health is declining and she needs to plan out her future.  I wish she would move to Lockport.  I suggested that to her years ago.  Her only relatives live in Niagara Falls.  

Anyways, I have six or seven geocaches programmed into my GPS, and I drew a map starting at the Hartland Fire Hall, which has a nature trail behind it with a geocache.  Then to Millers, to pick up lunch, and then east on 104 to the Otter Creek Cemetery, where we can eat lunch and find  a geocache, and then to Albion and then to Middleport before heading home.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023