Wednesday November 25, 2020 The Day Before Thanksgiving

 I worked on setting up the rest my small Christmas trees this morning, and talked to Peggy on the phone.  She had neglected to tell me that she and David decided to have Thanksgiving dinner at their house.  So, I could put cleaning on hold!  I will take my "offerings" over to their house:   butternut squash, devilled eggs, macaroni and cheese, cranberry sauce and either brown and serve rolls or pumpkin bread.  

For lunch I prepared creamed chipped beef on toast.  This was my first time using ALMOND Milk instead of regular milk and also I used gluten free bread for my toast.  It is just NOT the same.  While eating lunch I started to watch THE AMERICAN EXPERIENCE documentary (on PBS on demand) about the 1961 Freedom Riders. 


 It is absolutely excellent.  I wonder what these peaceful people (if any of them are still alive) who participated in the Freedom Ride think about the BLM movement and the destruction that has taken place this year.  

Mike came over again to get something out of the garage.  Janie was with him.  

Peg and I decided to cancel our get together tomorrow.  She sat at a table with Mary Sylvis the other night at the GATHER AND GIVE event and Mary's husband has tested positive for COVID.  

I called Christa at eleven p.m. my time, which was nine p.m. her time.  She had just crawled into bed, but we talked for close to an hour.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024