FRIDAY, January 15, 2021

 I called 211 after seeing an article in the local newspaper that  this was the number to call to make an appointment for a coronavirus vaccination.  I waited a LONG time to music and repeated messages, before finally giving up.  I spent the remainder of the morning delivering boxes to various places in Lockport and one closer to Newfane.  I also took some fruitcake and turkey pot pie over to Myrna.  Since I had to drive past REID'S on the way home, I decided to try out their new drive thru.  I ordered a burger and fries, both with sauce.  I was disappointed that they did not package these to go............I was handed a paper plate with both items on it!   However, I noticed that they are using heavier more sturdy paper plates.  Anyways, my food was hot and good and I ate part of it on the drive home.

When I got home, I tried calling 211 again, and this time I requested a call back, which came an hour or so later.  Even so, I was not able to make an appointment, because they are all filled up.   I was told that I can try next week to see if any new appointments have opened up.  

I decided it might be a good time to start working on a puzzle, so I straightened stuff up on the table that my TV is on in the living room and made room.  I will try to work on it a little bit every day.

Peg called and asked if I can deliver a few boxes tomorrow and I agreed to pick them up at her house tomorrow morning. 

I started reading THE LIGHT by Mike Evans (who I met in Israel in 2917).  It is a novel and I don't think Evans is a good writer, but so far I like the book and will stick with it. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024