Friday, January 22, 2021 EZ Pass Nightmare/New Coleslaw Idea

Betty and I talked on the phone a couple of times in the morning.  She is a bit upset because she has not received her January SNAP benefits yet.  I have mine.  She submitted her HEAP application and is waiting to hear.  We talked about how she got a COVID benefit applied to her NYSEG bill, and I didn't, but I had an  EAP applied to my NYSEG bill in 2020 after my regular HEAP benefit was used up.  I never applied for it and had never even heard of it.  Go figure. 

David, Peg and I will use my vehicle for our trip to Hilton Head Island next month.  David suggested that I get an EZ Pass, since so many highways are eliminating toll booths.  Online I found locations where they can be purchased.  Since TOPS on Rochester Road was listed, I decided to go there, since it is right across the road from AAA, and I needed to get some maps for the upcoming trip.  

Purchasing the tag was simple enough, but it has to be registered before use.  I tried doing it online first, but all of a sudden, after I had entered a LOT of information, chosen a user name, listed my email address and chose  password and also a PIN, everything disappeared from my screen.  So, I tried to get back into that website hoping I could somehow find out if I had completed the process.  That did not work so I called the number listed.  After waiting 25 minutes or more, someone answered, asked what I needed and then transferred me back to the same line I had already waited on: same music, same recorded message.  I think I waited another 20 or 25 minutes before someone else answered and she checked to see if I had completed the process and found out that I was NOT registered.  So I did my registration over the phone and paid $25 by credit card for future use. 

I was able to nap after lunch.  When I got up I saw that Peggy and Connie had tried to call.  Peggy called again and asked me to come to supper tomorrow night.  I will provide desert.  I called Connie back and we talked for about a minute since she was busy, and we agreed to connect over the weekend.

For supper I prepared baked sweet potato fries and sweet and sour pork (from slices of pork roast that I had frozen) and I decided to try to make a small amount of coleslaw from some cabbage that has been sitting in my frig for a couple of weeks since I made cabbage roll soup.  I chopped some cabbage, and put into the same bowl that I had tossed the sweet potato slices in (there was a bit of olive oil in the bottom of that bowl), cut up a pear, added a bit of brown sugar and then some Miracle Whip and tossed it all together.  It actually made about three servings of coleslaw,  and it was very good...............I have only prepared coleslaw a few times and was never happy with it before.  I like this "recipe" and need to remember it.  I think I also used some of the seasoning I get from Trader Joes. I think a chopped apple would work just as well as the chopped pear did. 

I saw this picture on facebook

Apparently, Bernie Sanders picture from the inauguration is being photoshopped into all sorts of pictures and being posted online.  I showed this one to Leslie since she and I were talking about possibly going to ASP. (I am still going to try to make this happen).

I reconnected with Adelaide Ver on FB, a Canadian women I got to know on Internet Relay Chat several years ago.  Her husband recently passed away.  We chatted for quite a while and got caught up.

I saw this on FB and thought I should keep it!


  
  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024