January 8th and 9th, 2020

 FRIDAY the 8th.  I slept in a bit and made myself some banana pancakes for breakfast.  I wrote out a birthday card for Christa and a New Years card for Megan, and got them ready to take to the post office to mail along with a couple of other items.  I called Oxbow and arranged for Carrie to be transported home for her birthday.   Since I had to go out to the post office, I decided to go to WalMart and get some multi vitamins and see if I could find a kitchen trash can in a darker color.  I was successful in finding both items and purchased a few groceries.  I ran into Betty in WalMart and we talked for a few minutes.  She is concerned because she has not received her $600 stimulus check yet.  I think she just needs to wait patiently, they seem to be coming in waves.  I dropped off a booklet about THE OUTER BANKS in North Carolina for Peggy and David.  I napped in the afternoon and watched too much TV in the evening.  Peg and I agreed to meet up at her house at one p.m. tomorrow to be at the refuge at one thirty for a hike.  I will call Betty and see if she wants to join us.  

SATURDAY January 9th. I called Betty in the morning since she had asked me if I wanted to go someplace and take a hike today, but she decided to watch the BUFFALO BILLS game instead. I tried to reach Connie by phone, but she did not answer so I left her a message. Peg called and we decided to go for a walk.  We met up at her house and drove out to Pendleton, close to the museum, found a parking spot (at Uncle G's) and walked on the south side of Tonawanda Creek.




  I think we probably walked between a mile and a half and a mile and three quarters.  Then we went to Wegman's and did some shopping. (we both love their organic rosemary bread and David ate most of the last loaf Peg bought).  We purchased ready prepared food for our late lunch.  I bought a piece of garlic cheese pizza and a small "old fashioned" sub.  Then we headed back to Lockport.  I had left my car at her house, so that David could take a drive in it, since we are considering driving my car IF we get to go south at the end of next month.

When I got home, I had half of my small sub before resting. I watched the movie THE PARTS OF A WOMAN on netflix.  I don't really think it is a good movie.  I talked with Christa and Nikolai on the phone for a while and then I took a nap.   When I got up, the phone was ringing and it was Sue.  Her grandson (Nick) has COVID and she is kind of worried about him.  He is in his late twenties and lives alone, and does not have a primary doctor.  He went for tests twice.  The first one showed negative and the second one was positive.  He is not too terribly sick and his mom is delivering meals to him. 

Then Connie called and we talked for 45 minutes.  She took herself to the ER today, and was diagnosed with extreme stress and a thyroid condition.  She will start thyroid medicine next week.  She said she is terribly lonely.  I tried to be encouraging, but she is scared  of  so much.  She said she is afraid that she will die.  I think I will start mailing her notes and cards.  I suggested that she call her primary on Monday and ask about two things 1. when she can get the vaccine(because I think this will bring her some peace of mind)  and 2. for the name and phone number of a mental health counselor, maybe she can access this over the phone. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023