Monday, January 18th

 I guess I shouldn't have eaten that goat cheese yesterday, since I woke up this morning to a serious case of diarrhea. I did a few household tasks and uploaded pictures from Christmas 2000 to my flickr account and then I decided to go to the Y to walk the track.  I called Betty to see if she wanted to meet me there, but she said no, that she was in the middle of cleaning her bedroom.  Before going to the Y, I stopped at the Dollar Tree and stocked up on a few items that I typically buy there:  tissues, kitchen can bags, dish liquid, Vaseline Lip Moisturizer, etc.

I only walked about fifteen minutes at the Y because I just did not feel at all energetic.  On the way home I stopped at Wendy's and bought a TWO FOR FIVE:  two of Dave's singles, along with a free senior drink.I did a few more jobs around the house, and talked to Betty on the phone again before taking a nap.  

I wasn't able to fall asleep, probably because of the Dr. Pepper I got from Wendy's.  When I woke up, I saw that Peggy had tried to reach me, so I called her and we talked for a bit.  Peggy said that she was able to get David on a WAIT LIST for a covid vaccination at the pharmacy in Middleport.  I tried to do the same with my Rite Aid, where they know me, but they do not have a wait list.  I was told to go on the Rite Aid website to see if I can make an appointment, so I tried that, but as far as I can see there is NO spot on the website for that purpose.    I continued to try to reach 211 in search of an appointment for a COVID 19 Vaccination.  I think that hotline is available (supposed to be available) until nine or ten p.m.  

I called 211 a couple of minutes after nine p.m. and talked with a woman who explained that all of the doses of the vaccine that were made available this morning are spoken for and there won't be any more available until next Monday.  She suggested I call back them.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024