Saturday, January 23, 2021 Chocolate Gravy and Biscuits

 While getting my early Facebook fix, I saw that someone posted an old time recipe for CHOCOLATE GRAVY over biscuits.  It looked easy enough and I had a package of canned biscuits in my frig. so I decided to try it for breakfast. 

CHOCOLATE GRAVY and BISCUITS

1 ½ cups sugar

2 ½ Tablespoons flour

2 ½ Tablespoons cocoa


1 ½ cups milk

½ cup water

A few drops of vanilla (optional)

Mix sugar, flour and cocoa in a large skillet then add the water to mix.

Add the milk and cook on medium heat until thick.

Add the few drops of vanilla while cooking (optional) I forgot to add this

Serve over hot buttered biscuits

It was easy enough to prepare and fabulously delicious.  However, I can really feel the difference in how my body feels.  I have been eating nutritious breakfasts every morning for a very long time and I feel much better on those mornings.

Debbie McMillan gave me Donald Trumps address at Mara Laga so I sent him a thank you note for all he did for the USA and Americans.  There is that other side of him that we all know about mostly the stuff he says, which I think he says because he doesn't care what other people think about him.  If he had four more years, he could have accomplished so much more BUT the hatred and vitriol would have torn our country apart.  So, I guess I am saying that it is a good thing that he is not still in the White House. 

I decided to try preparing a custard pie (using an already prepared shortbread crust) to take to Peg's house tonight.  And also some rice pudding.  And some egg salad for sandwiches.  

Dinner with Peg and David was nice.  David prepared a stir fry.  My custard pie went over BIG !  We watched the movie INDIVISIBLE. 

It was very good.   Peg showed me information about our lodging on Hilton Head Island.  We will be staying at a privately owned property in the SEA PINES RESORT.  Our condo has LOTS of amenities.  I am so looking forward to this vacation.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024