Thursday, January 14, 2021 Day Out with Peg

 Becky called this morning, she needed to know when the library is open.  I also told her I have the phone number to call to get an appointment to get a Covid vaccination.  

I met up with Peggy at her house.  As soon as I got in their house, David showed me the new painting by Morris Katz that he got off of ebay.  Morris Katz used toilet paper to paint with, and incorporated bits of toilet paper into the paintings.  This is their second one.  It is extremely colorful.  I suggested to them that maybe they don't really need it, that my birthday is coming.

Peg's car was loaded with several of the BLESSING BOXES that we put together at FREEDOM CHURCH a couple of days ago.  We delivered a few of them on the way to Amherst, where we delivered the books to the friend of the Christie's.  

 By that time we were getting hungry and started debating whether to go to Papa John's for cheeseburger pizza or to the Boulevard Mall to see what is offered in the food court.  We decided to go to the mall because it would also be a good place to walk. 

We found that the food court at the Boulevard Mall has not survived.  There are a couple of restaurants and an Aunt Annie's pretzel place.  We decided to get our lunch at TASTE OF CHINA.  They are only offering take out at this time.  You can get a take out meal with two main entrees and two sides for eight dollars.  They really load the take out container.  We found a bench in the mall where we ate our lunches, which were great!  We both took food home with us.  We went into a couple of stores:  CHRISTOPHER and BANKS and a Christmas store, which was offering everything fifty percent (or more) off.  Peg found a blouse and a pair of earrings at Christopher and Banks, but I didn't buy anything.  There were a few things I liked in Christopher and Banks, but I did not feel like trying things on.  

After leaving the mall, we went to TRADER JOES and did some shopping.  On the way back to Lockport, we delivered three more boxes on Campbell Boulevard and Robinson Road.  When we got back to Peg/s house, I took seven boxes with me, that I will deliver tomorrow.  

I had some of my turkey pot pie for supper along with some of the pumpkin pie I purchased at the Entenmanns Store.  Connie called in the evening and we talked for a while.  I also started a book that Peggy gave me, a true story about shark attacks one hundred years ago.


  But, I do not like it and doubt if I will continue.  The story IS interesting, but I do not like Capuzzo's writing style.   I think maybe this theme would make a good feature in Readers Digest.  Maybe I will look it up on the internet and read about it, just for the sake of learning about it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024