Thursday, January 21, 2020

 Peggy's LIFE GROUP was this morning at FREEDOM CHURCH.  It was just Peggy, Betty and I, with Bobbie on virtual.  It was a very good meeting.  We are still working on BECOMING A WOMAN OF FREEDOM, which we started last fall.  We took a hiatus when COVID reared its ugly head.  

After leaving FREEDOM, I went to WENDY'S and purchased a five dollar BIGGEE BAG.  It is a drink, a sandwich (I chose crispy chicken) fries and chicken nuggets.  It is a pretty good deal.  I did not eat the whole thing, mostly because I had an appointment at THE CUTTING CREW to have my hair done.  I have decided to go gray, but I was really hating how it looked to have a huge white/gray stripe down the middle of my head.  I called them the other day and explained my predicament and asked if there was anything they could do to help me out and was told to come in at noon the next day (yesterday).  Laura had a long look at me and told me that she thought highlighting my hair that still has color on it might help to give me a more blended look rather than the two colors GRAY and BROWN, which was starting to look just awful.  So, I had to be there today at 12:30.  It was a long process, but I am pleased with the results.  I also had her cut an inch off.   I made an appointment to return a couple of days before I leave for HILTON HEAD ISLAND, to have it refreshed.  It is a three plus hour procedure, but Laura is talkative and I had a book with me.  I was happy to have a chance to tell her about the book THE HIDING PLACE by Corrie ten Boom.  It turns out that Laura is a believer, but there were other people in the salon who heard me explain Corrie's story about forgiving the man who tortured her and her sister in one of Hitler's camps, that she knew she had to forgive him because of how Jesus had forgiven her.  

When I got home I called Leslie since we had talked this morning about the possibility of going to a nature event at Allegany State Park.  It appeared that there was one cottage available this morning, but it was gone.  So, scratch that idea (which I loved), but we are still going to try to make plans to do something together to celebrate our June birthdays.  

I finished this book:  

It was good, but not exceptional.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023