Thursday, January 28th, 2021.................. Stuff

 I find it hard to believe that the decision is to go ahead and hold an impeachment trial even though they already know that he will not be convicted.  I think the purpose of an impeachment is to remove an official from office.  BUT, Donald Trump does not hold any public office.  What a waste of taxpayer money AND it takes time away from working on the COVID 19 pandemic.  I just don't get it.

I am excited about preparing a turkey dinner for David and Peggy this coming Saturday!  It has been close to a year since I have had anybody over to my house for a meal.  And doing that is one of my favorite things to do!  Anyways, the menu is turkey, stuffing, gravy, cranberry sauce, applesauce, butternut squash, blueberry muffins and a desert. I went to WalMart and bought ingredients to make a chocolate cream pie. 

I decided I needed a third cushion for my third kitchen chair.  I found one at WalMart (they only had one), in Buffalo Plaid.  I thought the price was five dollars, but at the checkout I was only charged $1.50.  I questioned the cashier but she said "you got a bargain".  I wish they had more, because I have a Buffalo Plaid tablecloth and the cushion matches.   While at WalMart, I started to feel not so good.  I think it was because of wearing a mask. I started to feel better as soon as I took it off when I got outside.

After leaving Wal Mart, I went through the Arby's drive thru.   I had a coupon to get a meal deal consisting of a sandwich, fries and a drink for $5.00.  Unfortunately, after I ordered and before I got to the payment window, the coupon blew out the window.  I told the cashier and he said it was fine, and he gave me another full sheet of coupons with my food.  

After lunch, I watched Dr. Phil and then listened to Ben Shapiro's podcast. Most of it was about the stock market, so not very interesting.  I may have drifted off to sleep for a bit.  After that I went down into the basement to look for my large turkey pan.  It was not down there, but I found some newspaper clippings and photographs from LONG ago in an envelope labelled IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS.  

I don't think I ever saw this photograph before, but I probably did see it when I was a kid.  I posted it on FB and got a lot of comments and likes.  It was taken on the front porch of the house I live in now.  The porch is now enclosed (I think my Dad did that) and the steps go off the end of the porch west to east rather than going off the front heading towards the street.  I don't know why Gail is not in this picture. She was four years old at this time.    

I talked to Myrna on the phone for a while.  I arranged to pick Peggy up tomorrow afternoon so we can go to Cold Springs Cemetery together for Myrna's brothers graveside burial service.  Stevie suffered after effects from Agent Orange and has been in the VA Hospital for years.  He was right around my age.

I watched the episode of NURSES that I missed.  It was pretty good, but not excellent.  I am not sure I will continue watching this series.  I don't think it is all that realistic.  I also watched an episode of SVU and Dateline.  I called UNIVERA and placed my first order using my over the counter benefit, it was quick and easy.  I ordered three supplements that I use regularly.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023