TUESDAY, January 12, 2021 BLESSING BOXES and Donating Blood

I arrived at FREEDOM CHURCH at ten a.m. and Peggy put me right to work, making and putting stickers saying 2021 PRAYERS on jars, and using the paper cutter to divide copies of a letter explaining the BLESSING BOXES into two pieces.  Maggie Weeks was busy with another task in the youth sanctuary and Horace and Becky were doing other tasks in the hospitality room.  We worked steadily until a little after noon when Peggy served us lunch.  Sandwiches, drinks, chips and a cookie.   Bill and Judy Honecker arrived to help out around that time. After eating we went back to work.  I took several pictures.  

The HOSPITALITY ROOM was set up like an assembly line where workers walked around the table and put items into the boxes.  I was not involved in this part of the project except for doing one box for photo ops.





I think Horace was cutting apart labels to put on the front of the boxes
I worked on cutting apart the two copies of the explanatory note that went into each box.
and making labels that said 2021 PRAYERS and putting them on the bottles.
 The completed boxes piling up.  I think the completed total was about 240.  They will be delivered to people who go to FREEDOM SOUTH and FREEDOM NORTH.

I finished up my projects while the rest of the crew was busy working assembly line style putting the boxes together. Peggy pretty much excused me to go home while they were still working.   By that time the finished boxes were piling up in the middle of the youth sanctuary.  On my way out to my car, I found that the parking lot was very slick since it had been sleeting.  When I got to my car, I called Peg and told her to warn the others about this.

I had planned to drop in at the DALE Association to see if I could donate blood,


and first I decided to skip it due to the weather, but I decided to go anyways, since the Dale is so close to home.  When I first arrived, I was told that they did not have the availability for drop ins, but that quickly changed.  I had to wait a little while but then things moved right along.  The technician (Kia) was very skilled and efficient and found a vein quickly.  Kia told me to rest for the rest of the day.  

I DID relax for the rest of the day, mostly watching TV.   I opened a can of soup for my supper.  THIS IS US and NURSES were pretty good.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024