Friday, February 19, 2021 At Home

 I spent the day at home continuing to get ready for my trip.  I packed my two small bags which I will take into our first nights hotel.  Because of COVID, I decided to take my sheet sleeping bag and a couple of extra pillow cases, which I will use in the hotel/motel.  Hence, I needed another bag.  

Peg called from WalMart where she was shopping for Sunday's senior lunch at Freedom.  They do not have any sliced italian bread today, and she asked me to pick up the bread on Sunday before church.  I agreed to that.  Going to WM will give me one final opportunity to buy anything else I need for the trip.

I prepared myself a nice late lunch.  I sauteed/steamed cabbage and onions on top of the stove.  I put slices of yellow squash and asparagus in the oven at 400 degrees.  I put some chicken in my George Forman grill. I had some leftover spaghetti with very little sauce on it from SOLID ROCK, so when the cabbage/onions were pretty much done (crisp tender) I pushed that mixture to the sides and put the spaghetti in the middle and heated it up.  It was a very good meal, and I have enough of the vegetables and chicken for lunch tomorrow.  

Betty called three times, mostly to talk about the books THE HARBINGER and THE HARBINGER 2. 
I will start this book very soon, while on vacation.  

I tried to reach Connie by phone, hoping to find out what the ENT had to say today, but I had to leave a message.  I tried to reach Elian, also, but she did not answer her phone.

I finished watching THE BLACK CHURCH and started watching the PBS show about RECONSTRUCTION.  I was able to watch the first hour and then Connie called.  She had a good appointment with the female ENT.  She may not need to have the recommended surgery (actually three surgeries).  She can try an over the counter item that helps to hold the nostrils open.  Also, the ENT told her that she needs to rest a few times each day.  I TOLD HER SO. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023