Friday, February 5th, 2021 At Home

 It was very cold and windy today.  I decided to stay home and get a few things done.  I was glad that someone from the Glen Iris called and I was able to reserve a room for Leslie and I for our get together the end of May, to celebrate our birthdays.  I emailed her the information.

I did a few organizational jobs in my dining area, mostly straightening out part of the sewing cabinet on the way above my microwave, so that I could have a spot to put tape and glue, freeing up an outside shelf on that cabinet for most of my collection of Fenton Hobnail Salt Cellars.    Like these on etsy  

Except I have two round ones.  I always look for more in antique shops, but never find any more.  My grandmother Niethe had one or two of the blue square ones which is why I started to collect these several years ago.

Betty called to tell me she got a new Verizon phone.  Peggy called to suggest I try again to schedule a COVID vaccination since she was able to schedule one for David the day before we leave for HHI.  I tried, but no luck, I can't drive to Plattsburgh or Potsdam.

After talking to Connie in the evening, I checked out ON DEMAND to see if there was anything on PBS that interested me.  I watched this

Forgotten Genius

Against all odds, African-American chemist Percy Julian became one of the great scientists of the 20th century.

and it was excellent!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024