Saturday, February 13, 2021 AT HOME

 First thing in the morning, I watched the rest of LIKE DAD, with Kelsey Grammar.(on netflix)  It is a good movie but there is an awful lot of the F word.  It is a nice day out there, but I decided to stay home.  I slept in a bit, and then prepared bacon and banana/oatmeal  pancakes for my breakfast and then started watching the TRIAL at ten a.m. when it resumed.  I worked on various tasks relative to my trip to South Carolina ONE WEEK FROM TODAY.  I have all my meds and supplements in order, as well as a box of extras to keep in the car.  

Leslie called in the early afternoon.  She has had both of her COVID vaccinations.  I continued to try to get an appointment without success.

I watched the impeachment trial 

Trump got off, but that was predicted from the beginning.  I am not sure that justice was served.  There are so many angles to what happened.  For example: there were signs and warnings that there might be trouble, but the mayor didn't do anything to prevent it.  Also, someone told me that one of Nancy Pelosi's roles is to call in extra police or the national guard when its possible that they will be needed, and she was warned but did nothing.  WHY?

What I really do not like is that after the acquittal, the Democrats stayed on and talked and at least two of them warned that now that Trump has gotten away with inciting a riot, we can expect more of the same.    There is nothing like putting ideas in peoples heads.

I made muffins for my late lunch, and they turned out pretty good.  I started with a mix and added chopped apple and some strawberry jelly in the middle, and brown sugar on top.  They are more like a desert!

I chatted with Mary in FB private messenger in the evening. Myrna called, also, and I will save her a seat in church tomorrow.  We are both hoping that the weather is OK tomorrow morning. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024