Wednesday February 17th, 2021 The Y and more

 I slept late and then prepared banana pancakes for my breakfast.  I puttered around doing a few things and I worked on my new document that has info about things to do during my upcoming trip to Hilton Head and emailed it to Peg so she could print it out for me.  I took a shower and washed my hair and then called Betty to see if she wanted to meet me at the Y in order to walk the track.  She said she was in the middle of  a project and that it is too cold out.  I called Pam but she had already walked earlier today.

I went to the Y and walked for about 25 minutes or so.  I bought two raffle tickets for their new fundraiser which means that I will be eligible to win any of these prizes, which will be drawn for once daily.  

After the Y, I decided to stop by the VISION place where I purchased both pairs of my glasses over three years ago.  My sunglasses were feeling loose, almost falling off when I bend over.  I was the only customer there and was treated royally!  Both pairs were purchased at the end of 2017, after my cataract surgeries. (the technician looked this up).

I had a late lunch at home (leftover chicken and biscuits and carrots) and listened to the radio where I found out that Rush Limbaugh passed away.  I never listened to him because I thought he was obnoxious and had a "know it all" attitude, but I was not aware that he was racist and hated gays and thought women who wanted birth control were sluts. I know now because people are bringing that up on facebook.   

I talked to Peg on the phone, and then Myrna.  I gave Myrna the name and phone number of a fellow from the Lockport Lions Club, hoping that they will help her with paying for a new pair of glasses, which she badly needs.  

I watched most of the first half of THE BLACK CHURCH online, it is a PBS show, which is excellent.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024