Monday, March 22, 2021 First COVID VAX, etc.

 Before I left this morning to go to Niagara Falls for my first COVID vaccination, Peggy called and left me a message (I was in the shower).  In her message she said that if the Niagara Falls experience is like the one at the University of Buffalo (where David had his two shots), then it will feel kind of 
"otherworldly" or like being in the middle of George Orwell's book 1984.   

I left early in order to stop at the OLD NAVY at the Fashion Outlet Mall just outside of Niagara Falls.  I purchased a pair of jeans and a long light blue sweater.  I hope it looks better on me than it does in this picture I got off of the Old Navy website.  It is really warm and comfortable.  Mostly I chose it because it will go good with blue jeans.  


  I have not purchased jeans in many, many years, due to getting so much free clothing at the Family Service Association before I retired and moved to Lockport.  I also applied for an OLD NAVY credit card because doing so took thirty percent off of todays purchase.  I was given a coupon for twenty dollars off on a purchase of at least fifty dollars and the dates it is valid will work for me when I go to Niagara Falls for my second vaccine on April 12th !  

I arrived at the conference center early because I thought parking might be a problem, but when I got there I  immediately found a spot right around the corner from the main entrance.  A fellow was moving something into one of the businesses and I asked him if this parking was free and he reassured me that it was free but I also asked one of the soldiers (YES, the U.S. Army was all over the place)


about parking there and he said he did not know and suggested I use the parking lot just beyond where I was parked.  So, I did.  There were a lot of free parking spots available, and YES, the Army was stationed there, too.  

I had some extra time and I noticed that the Niagara Falls Culinary Institute was just down the street from the entrance to the convention center, so I decided to check it out.  SAVOR was open for business.

I don't know who these men were, but they had masks on!

  I have been before, but not in a few years.  I went into the Barnes and Noble located inside the Institute and walked around a bit and used their super clean ladies room before heading back to the Convention Center. 

I arrived early and everything moved along super smoothly

and I had the shot and was told the date of my next appointment and then I was told to sit down and wait fifteen minutes before leaving.  I actually left at the time I was scheduled to arrive!  Everything was super efficient.  Nobody asked to see all the paperwork that Peggy printed out for me to take, all they wanted to see was my drivers license.   I drove around the city of NF for about ten minutes and then drove back to Lockport.

Just after I ate my late lunch, I got a call from Joanna at the Y, to tell me that I won a $25 dollar gift certificate to REIDS in their March raffle.   I asked about the craft class which is upcoming and got the exact date and time.

I decided to call Social Security about Mary Anne's account, and was given the runaround at two offices, the local office and the one in Jamaica, NY.  It is the very last item that needs to be taken care of in the estate.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024