Sunday, April 18. 2021

 Church was excellent this morning except for when Pastor Craig announced that someone from our congregation has COVID.  I am hoping and praying that this person did not spread it to others before his or her diagnosis. (this has happened twice before at FREEDOM).   Pastor Craig still has not recovered his sense of taste and smell, which COVID took away from him several months ago.  

After church I offered Betty one of my REID's  gift cards and we met up there for a quick lunch.  When I got home (and changed into my pajamas) I tried to reach Linda by phone, but she did not answer.  I decided to bite the bullet and see if I could get my new sleeping bag back into its cloth bag.  It took a bit of effort, but I got it in.  

I reached Linda by phone at two thirty p.m. and we talked for an hour and a half.  She is still working even though she is 66 and collecting her Social Security because her agency does not have enough aides to take over the care of the very ill Indian man she cares for three nights a week.  Linda and her sister are barely speaking because of political differences.  I think she really needed someone to vent to.  Her Aunt Penny's birthday is today so I told Linda I will email her later on.

Leslie called just as I was finishing up my supper. She returned from her Texas trip two days ago and attended a geo-event at Pratts Falls yesterday.   We discussed our upcoming trip to Letchworth State Park.

Jan and I agreed to meet at the Y at ten a.m. tomorrow morning to walk the track and then go to the History Center for the art exhibit.  She is interested in the book about Glenwood Cemetery that Mike and Jen helped put together that is being sold at the HC.   Marlene called and she is going to drop off her list of questions for the AAA travel agent that she and I will meet with on Tuesday after Life Group.

I watched the third episode of ATLANTIC CROSSING on PBS in the evening.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023