Wednesday June 16th and Thursday, June 17th

WEDNESDAY: I stayed home all day today, working in the yard (attacking weeds, sweeping the porch of the Amish shed, cleaning off the two metal lawn chairs, etc.  I tore Carrie's bed apart and started washing everything from the mattress pad up, in preparation for Tyler's stay at the end of the month.   I broke down a bunch of boxes and put them in the recyclable bin.  I prepared a sweet potato and a smoked pork chop for my lunch.  

Off and on during the day, I watched episodes of BLUE MURDER and did laundry.  In the evening, I figured out the halfway point between Lockport and Laurens.......AUBURN, NY.............and I called Mike Keator to set up the plan to meet halfway on the 27th.  I called Leslie and she suggested the FINGERLAKES MALL on 20 as a meeting point.  So, I called Mike back and we agreed to meet there between two and two thirty p.m.


THURSDAY:  I met up with Carrie and Sue (medical liaison) at Oxbow this morning for Carrie's appointment with her primary, Dr. Sauret. Then I headed home and when I got there, I prepared a bag lunch and headed to Day Road Park where I met up with the "lunch girls" who were in my graduation class.  Barb, Elaine, Bonnie B, Liz, Marie and Janet.  I was a few minutes late.  We had a nice lunch and lots of conversation.  I found out that every one of these women are liberals, who dislike Trump very much.  I guess they all stick to the mainstream media and believe what they say. I wanted to tell them how the media lied about what happened early in June of 2020 when the media told us that Trump gassed protesters so he could do a photo op in the church across the street.  It took a full year for the Attorney Generals office to complete an investigation which showed that the park police cleared the area, after asking the rioters/protesters to move back so that they could put up some stronger fencing to keep the crowd a bit further away from the White House.  It is ridiculous that it took a FULL YEAR for the investigation of such a small event.   Since I was so outnumbered, I kept my mouth shut. 

On a more cheery note:  a few years ago I suggested during lunch that we all "go gray" together and I was voted down.  I noticed that Bonnie, Marie and Janet have all GONE GRAY.  Probably since the beginning of the pandemic.   These "girls" don't get together once a week like they used to, but they do get together every two or three weeks.  Barb

On the way home, I stopped at Niagara Produce and purchased three frozen lobster tails for Fathers Day dinner with David and Peggy.  The clerk suggested that next time I go to Montondo's who has better prices. 

I went home and checked mail and phone messages.  Connie and Sue called.  I watched the ending to the HANDMAIDS TALE before going to the CareNet basket raffle at the Alliance Church.  They had a lot of nice baskets and other items including four VERA BRADLEY bags.  I bought forty dollars worth of tickets and put most of them in the bag for a nice blue/gray bag with a matching wallet. I ran into Lynette who told me that she has not heard anything from the "lunch girls" in a long time, including Barb.  Of course, I didn't say that I had lunch with them earlier today.   I purchased a Chiavetta's chicken dinner before leaving.  I ran into Paula Jones as I was picking up my dinner.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023