Wed. August 25th, 2021 DAY THREE of AUBURN Trip

 August 25th geocaching etc

Leslie gave me a ride to the Auburn library before  she started her volunteer job delivering MEALS ON WHEELS.  I was able to check email, facebook, update my blog and add some pictures to flickr.  I also retrieved phone messages from home.  There were 8 new messages: several from Connie, two from Carol K. and one from Christa.  She called Monday evening saying that she was stressed out and needed to talk to me.  I messaged her back on FB and told her I would call her tonight.  From the library, I called Screwy Louie's in Fair Haven and asked if they had a cabin available for tonight and tomorrow night and they said YES.

When Leslie returned to the library to pick me up I asked her if she was interested in going up to Fair Haven for two nights.  She seemed a bit reluctant at first, but agreed. So, I called SL's and reserved cabin #3 for two nights.

Back at her apartment, Leslie prepared lunch and we got packed up.  When we were both ready, we headed north to Fair Haven.  Our cabin was ready when we arrived.  We settled in a bit and then drove to Sterling to geocache.

We found the one at the LITTLE RED SCHOOLHOUSE



and the STERLING STEEL ANGEL.  We drove to the Sterling Nature Center just to check it out, and we saw the site of the Sterling Renaissance Faire.  I stopped at a small stand and purchased a jar of bread and butter pickles.  

We looked for a geocache in an area with some trails that seemed different, on both sides of the road, but we were not successful. 






When we were getting ready to give up, a couple of ATV's with SHERIFF'S drove out on one of the trails.  

For supper we decided to go to TURTLE COVE, which was a tiny bit hard to find.  It is right on the cove, and had live music. 



The owner/manager took our order (I requested take out since it was getting late and I was concerned about driving after dark in

an unfamiliar area.  I had a turkey club


and Leslie ordered a grilled chicken sandwich. When I was paying the bill at the bar, I picked up a painted rock.   


 We took our sandwiches  back to our cabin and ate there.  My sandwich was HUGE, and I was only able to eat half of it and I bagged the other two quarters up for our lunch tomorrow.  

I think we finally got settled in to go to sleep at around ten p.m.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023