August 28th, 2021 DAY SIX of Auburn trip

 The flashing lights (hazards) turned off sometime in the middle of the night.  Firetrucks went down the street the car is parked on in the middle of the night.

Leslie got up early and went to a BIRDING Event at the refuge. I slept until eight and then took a shower, washed and put away dishes and re-organized my stuff, still hoping to find my keys.  Also, I read some in CITY OF HOPE.  All of a sudden, the book turned interesting.  Seems like I have been reading it forever and I am only halfway through.

Peg called and we discussed the possibility of having the keys to the SUBARU overnighted ($40) USPS, but neither one of us feels comfortable with trusting the delivery person to find the right place and person (ME) especially since the AAA responder was given the right address and ended up in the wrong spot.  Peg and David will bring the keys to me here in Auburn tomorrow, leaving Lockport at ll:15 or so.  They will make sure the battery gets charged and the car up and running so that I can drive it home.  

Just for my own knowledge I called AAA and asked about the possibility of having the car towed under my premium membership.  I get one tow of up to two hundred miles each year!  also a second tow of up to one hundred miles per year. 

When she got home, we went out: we went to BASS PRO, McDonalds, the police station leaving Leslies name and phone number in case the keys show up.  We wanted to have a late lunch at NEW HOPE MILLS,


but were told that the kitchen was already closed when we arrived at 2:45.  The sign said they were open until three p.m  We returned to the cemetery and walked around hoping to find the missing keys.  No luck.  We ended up having a late lunch at APPLEBY'S.  We had the two for 26.  An appetizer to share (artichoke dip and chips) and we both had the same meal:  sirloin steak, garlic mashed potatoes and brocolli.  I thought the meal was great, but Leslie only gave it a four out a possible ten.

We did some geocaching finding three:  one on MamaBears front porch, one in a cemetery (Sent it) and one at the beginning of a nature trail behind the community college (something about Happy Trees in the name). 



There was another one, a lamp post cache that would have been quick and easy but we could not find a way to get to the area.  We tried many roads which turned into dead ends before we quit.  

We went to the other McDonalds in Auburn hoping to use wifi to see if anyone who goes to the Auburn facebook pages knows anything about my lost keys.  But the wifi in that McD's was not easy to access and the staff was too busy flirting and arguing LOUDLY with each other and discussing their teen age lives to give me the information I needed !!!  This particular McD's stinks compared to the other one. The teens working there were more interested in each other than the customers.   But I really needed a cold drink so I had a SPRITE.  

I asked Leslie to call headquarters for her apartment building about the possibility of my keys being turned in.  She reluctantly agreed, but did make the call.  Nothing can be done until Monday morning when office staff returns to work here.

When we got back to Leslie's place we watched a movie. I guess it was supposed to be a comedy, but it wasn't really funny.  

It was a little less HOT today than the previous days, but it was pretty humid.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023