August 29th, 2021 Harriet Tubman and GOING HOME: From Auburn to Oneonta DAY SEVEN

 I slept great last night.  Leslie and I decided to go to McDonalds for pancakes and so I could use their free wifi to see if anyone on the Auburn FB pages had any information about my missing keys.  No luck with the keys, but Leslie treated me to my breakfast which was good, and so large that I could not finish all of it.  

After we finished, I asked her what we might do in the time remaining before Peg and David's arrival.  She suggested a Harriet Tubman historic walk and told me where I could find info online.  I found it quickly and saw that it started in ten minutes, so we left McD's and headed for it.    We got there just in time and I thoroughly enjoyed the walk.  I took several pictures.    This is her church.  It was struck by lightning several years ago.  The congregation had already build a larger church.  

  Entrance to the cemetery where she is buried.



                                                                     Seward
                  Our guide for the walking tour.

Then we returned to Leslie's apartment where I took a second shower of the day, we started watching a movie (The Big Year), and had a light lunch.  

When Peggy called to say they were about twenty minutes away, I quickly packed up and we checked to make sure I had not left anything behind and we went down to my car.  Peg and David arrived a few minutes later and David tried to get my car started, but his jumper cables turned out to be defective so we called AAA and they dispatched a truck and my car started right up.  

Before leaving Auburn, Peg wanted to go to WEGMANS for cold drinks and snacks.  I wish she had not chosen to do this because when I was parking my car, I scraped the base of a light pole.  UGH.  

Once we got on the thruway, a HEAVY rain storm began and we had to pull off in one of the service areas.  We had to wait several minutes for it to subside, and then we continued on.  We met up in Batavia and went to the Chinese buffet, which was very good.  And then headed to Lockport.

I really didn't do much in the evening.  I left most unpacking for tomorrow.  I worked on this blog, uploaded some pictures to flickr and I think I have all of my new geocache finds logged, but I am not one hundred percent sure.

Christa called at about ll:15.  I was in bed, but awake.  We talked for quite a while and I think we have mended some or all of the cracks in our relationship.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023