Tuesday, August 31st LIFE GROUP including Drama

 I attended LIFE GROUP this morning.  Our regular leader, Elaine, was not there due to having gone to Lancaster County, PA.  Dee McDonnell led the group today.  Unfortunately, she had a disagreement with Robyn and Robyn stormed out of the room, going to "the office".  She didn't make it up to the office (she uses a walker and could not ever walk up the stairs, so Peggy came down and talked with her.)  And then Peggy came to the sanctuary where we were continuing with our Life Group and asked Dee to accompany her.  I guess Dee and Robyn talked and apologized to each other.   

ANYWAYS, a bunch of us went out to lunch at THE FIELDSTONE and unfortunately, I sat next to Robyn, with Betty on the other side.  I noticed that Dee deliberately sat as far away from Robyn as possible.    It was somewhat of a train wreck.  Robyn used to be a very capable, efficient, intelligent woman.  But two strokes and several other physical problems have diminished her SO MUCH.  She did not have enough cash to pay for her lunch and expected the restaurant to NOT charge her for her lunch since she did not eat it.  Cindi and I paid for her lunch.  Robyn has lost her ability to deal with and handle money.  Plus, she had an accident with her "scooter" when she was driving it on city or town streets, and it is damaged.  Plus, she and her husband are in the middle of separating, and the situation with Lisa (her 12 year old "daughter") is tenuous.  Robyn's husband Tom has legal custody of her.  Lisa is the birth child of a relative of Robyn's and has never been legally adopted.  Robyn called Tom and he came to pick her up.

Peg called later and asked me to verify what happened during the LIFE GROUP before Robyn hollered up the office stairway "Get down here" and "call an ambulance".   I did my best to tell her the sequence of events.

I called Vera because her son in law (Pete) posted that he is finished taking treatments and is going to try to enjoy the rest of his life with friends and family.  Vera pretty much confirmed what Pete said on facebook.  He is only in his fifties.  He has battled health issues for a very long time and been in and out of hospitals.  

I took some money I owed my next door neighbor (Dick Whalen) because he found someone (Angela) to trim the bushes between his yard and my driveway.  I think my father planted them, but Dick must have taken over trimming both sides many years ago, but last year he said he could not continue doing it.  He is, I think, 87 years old.  When I gave him the money he invited me in to see the renovations he has made on the house.  I have never before been in his house, so I have no idea what it looked like before.  He told me that the house was originally a COOPER SHOP (where wheels were made) and that his grandfather once had an insurance office in the northeast bedroom on the first floor. 

I also talked to Christa on the phone.   They are continuing to pursue the purchase of a house in the six hundred and fifty thousand dollar range.  YIKES.  I suggested the possibility of looking for something less expensive and closer to her job.  She is sure that they won't find anything better.  

I worked on my flickr account, putting pictures into sets and making sure they were tagged and added some to groups.  

In the evening, I watched the movie PHILADELPHIA.   I saw it before, years ago, and remembered how good it was.  TOM HANKS and DENZEL WASHINGTON.  

It is an excellent movie.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024