APPLE HARVEST FESTIVAL 2021

 Betty and I skipped church this morning so we could go to the Apple Harvest Festival in Newfane.  I had been once before several years ago and enjoyed it.  Unfortunately, it is always on a Sunday.  

Betty picked me up at 11:00 a.m. and we headed out.  We stopped at two yard sales along the way.    We each purchased a few items at both sales.  I got a book of devotionals to send to Connie, three hats that I really like, some small lights, a small decorative pumpkin.

We arrived at the festival site at noon.  We had a bit of difficulty finding a parking spot, since there were SO many cars and people there already.  We decided to have lunch before checking out the buildings, sales and exhibits.    Betty had chowder (which she said was delicious) and I had a beef on weck (which was very good)


and we both had apple cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.  When I was waiting for mine to be prepared, I noticed that they were cooking the apples like this:  

I liked the CIVIL WAR ENCAMPMENT the best.    These two pretend grave markers represent real soldiers who died in the Civil War.




We ran into Ann Stimson there.  I found a really nice (but kind of large) leather purse at one of the sales tables.  The price was ten dollars, but the woman offered it to me for five dollars.  I also purchased a small fall pumpkin decoration.  

My entire set of pictures taken at this event are here:   https://www.flickr.com/photos/juneny/sets/72157719915364626

Today was not as exhausting as yesterday was.  I watched a couple of episodes of BULL in the evening.  Sue Rausch called and we talked for a while.  I had the minestrone soup that I took home from Olive Garden yesterday for supper, and it seemed tastier than it was the day before.  

I watched Secrets of the Six Wives on PBS 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023