OPEN DOORS BUFFALO: September 25, 2021

 Peggy mentioned OPEN DOORS BUFFALO 2021 to me a few days ago and gave me some printed information about it.  In the meantime, David decided to accompany us.  He really wanted to go to the ALBRIGHT KNOX  ART GALLERY, but it turned out that it is part of tomorrow's event, not todays and he was disappointed.  

I met up with them at their house at ten thirty a.m. and we headed to Buffalo.  Our first stop was BUFFALO CITY HALL.   There was an anti-vax and or/ anti mask protest going on across the street.




 

 I had  been to City Hall before, but it was a first time for them.   The architecture and art in the lobby is beautiful.    


Our second stop was Saint Anthony of Padua Church,


which was just around the corner from City Hall. 

It is a small Catholic Church with an Italian heritage museum in the basement.  

Our third stop was Erie County's Old County Hall.   




Then we decided to head towards Lafayette Square to find the BUFFALO PRESIDENTIAL CENTER.  We stopped at the BRISBANE BUILDING to ask for directions.  This building was also part of Buffalo Open Doors, but we only spent a couple of minutes there.  

It turned out that the Buffalo Presidential Center is on the second floor of the Buffalo and Erie County Public Library.   I think this was the highlight of the event for Peggy and David.  It is basically in one large room, and tells the story of presidents who have had association with Buffalo. 




All of a sudden while reading some of the information I realized that I was feeling really tired and wanted to sit down.  But there were not any spots to sit down in that room, so I told Peggy that I was going to go out into the court yard in front of the library and find a place to sit and rest until they were done.  On the way there, I bought a package of cheese crackers from a machine.  I found a spot to sit and ate a few and immediately felt better.  

This mural is on a building very close to the library


David apparently left the presidential exhibit right after I did, but he got lost in the building so it took longer for him to get to the courtyard.  Peggy stayed a little longer and then joined us.  We decided that we were all tired and hungry and that it was time to get back to the car and then go to OLIVE GARDEN.

Our late lunch at OLIVE GARDEN was great, as usual. I had the unending soup, salad and breadsticks.  

It was a great day, but very tiring.  All I could do in the evening was upload pictures and watch a few more episodes of BULL.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024