Sept. 27th and 28th

Monday the 27th of September:

  I stayed home today.  I went outside twice and raked leaves and picked up walnuts.  Both walnut trees are working overtime this year.  I think I may have taken care of HALF of them.I worked on a list to give to Cindy tomorrow of things I plan to take on our "camping" trip to ASP.  I read part of Peggy's book since I hope to finish it before I leave on Sunday October third.  


Tuesday:  the 28th of September

I went to the Tuesday Morning Ladies Life Group.  We had a pretty good sized group.  Rachel is here in order to help her mother, who she fears is not going to survive various serious health problems.  Diana is 74 years old.  Also, Paula Huntington returned, she had not been to this group for quite a while.  And, Marlene returned for the first time since having COVID.   She appears a bit pale and weak, and won't be returning to work for at least a few more weeks.  I left as soon as the meeting ended since I did not want to go out to lunch today since I had some things to do.   After shopping for a new SD card for my camera, I went to Rite Aid to get my prescription eye drops.  I was disappointed because even though I was told they would be in YESTERDAY, they are not yet in.   When I got home, I found a phone message from Erin at the DALE ASSOCIATION.  I called her right back and made an appointment to meet with her tomorrow at nine thirty a.m.  She offers help with technology/computers/etc. and hopefully she will be able to help me figure out how to delete pictures that I upload to my computer.  

I made some calls hoping to find a couple of people who want to go to the CARENET Banquet next month.  Elaine said YES !!!  and offered to drive.  Bonnie also said yes and will ride with Elaine and I.  Betty said no.  Elaine is going to invite Nancy and let me know.  I also read several pages of Peggy's book and I am almost finished.  I will be able to give her the rest of the book before I leave on Sunday for ASP.  

extra notes:   Today (28th)  offered me a test of my listening skills.  Rachel sat at the table I was at this morning and told me all about her husband, Rocky's death, in great detail.  Then tonight, Bonnie seemed to need to talk about her sister who suffers from depression and her other sister who has a plan to end her own life if she ever feels sure that she is developing dementia, as well as her drug addicted  nephew who has conned his mother out of lots of money.  YIKES.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023