Thursday Sept. 23 and Friday Sept. 24th

 THURSDAY :

Today Peggy held the first session of her new FREEDOM GROUP.  It is by invitation only, and everybody was there.  This will be my second time going through it.  When it was over, I went to REID'S for a quick lunch and then headed south on Transit for OLD NAVY, FEEL RITE, and WEGMANS.  

I found a short sleeved top and a great sweatshirt at Old Navy.  I bought some of the concentrated black cherry drink that I really like, so that I will have enough to take to Allegany.  I bought some items at Wegmans.  I had a bit of an incident while putting my groceries in my car at Wegmans.  When I opened the back of my car, my PIGGLY WIGGLY bag flew out and went under my car.  I figured I would just leave it, and pull up and retrieve it however it blew out from under the car when I was putting my cart away.  I thought the cart was secure so I left it and went after the bag, but the cart then rolled out into the parking lot.  The guy waiting in his car to get beyond me and my antics was most likely laughing as I ran around the parking lot retrieving the bag and returning the cart.  I really love that red PIGGLY WIGGLY bag which I bought when I went to a Piggly Wiggly for the first time on Hilton Head Island in 2018.

I intended to stop at WalMart on the way back through Lockport, but I was feeling kind of tired, so I didn't.  

After my nap, I talked to Myrna on the phone for a while and then I made a chicken pot pie for supper.

I watched the season premiere two hour episode of LAW AND ORDER SVU on tv, but was a bit disappointed, I didn't think it was all that good.


FRIDAY:  

I decided it would be a good morning to go and get my fasting blood work done.  I went to the new KALEIDA BLOOD DRAW place on Snyder Drive.   I was taken right in since there was nobody else waiting except for the woman who followed me in.  The technician was very efficient.  Then I went to DENNY'S and had breakfast.  I had a breakfast sandwich and hash browns.  It was pretty good, but I could not finish it.  Actually, it was kind of greasy, and chose to not finish it.

I went to THE DOLLAR TREE hoping to find a stylus to use with my Chrome Book.  I did find one and I stocked up on napkins and paper towels.  And then to WALMART hoping to buy some of the single serve containers of peas to take to ASP.  However, they did not have any.  In fact I noticed that there were several empty spots on the shelves.  

When I got home I worked on getting some items together for the ASP trip and vacuumed and then took a nap.  

Connie called to tell me that she is afraid that she may have contracted rabies from petting a dog that may have rabies at the shelter in Cooperstown a few days ago.  She has been in touch with someone from the health department about the issue.  I offered to pray with and for her and she agreed.  She said she felt peaceful at the end of the prayer.  Connie was saved and baptized in Germany many years ago, but did not follow through.  I am going to send her a book or two of devotionals since she seems interested in pursuing a personal relationship with God.  

Peggy also called in the evening and we came up with a plan for tomorrow.  She, David and I are going to OPEN DOORS BUFFALO.  Also, she needed a phone number from the list of participants in the Freedom Group since she locked her phone and purse in the church and needs someone to provide her with a key to get in so she can retrieve her stuff.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024