Monday, November 21st

 I had a struggle with the BIG D this morning.  I was trying to figure out what I ate that may have caused it.  Maybe the dark chocolate covered cashews!  or the ham?  At any rate I decided to stay home.  I went ahead and made fruitcake.  And then I made a second batch of CHEX MIX, increasing the amount of Worcestershire sauce and the spices.  It is a little bit tastier than the batch I made last night.

Betty dropped of a couple of items I asked her to look for at Aldi's:  Coconut Whipped Topping and two jars of maraschino cherries.  I gave her and Elaine Edmister (who was with her) some fruit cake and some Chex Mix.  

Peggy called and asked if I could meet her at the church at three p.m. and go with her to a church near Eastern Hills Mall to drop off the OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD boxes.  I agreed and met her there, I was a few minutes late because when I stepped outside, I realized that I was not dressed warm enough, so I went back in and found a warmer jacket.


There were over one hundred boxes that we delivered to EASTERN HILLS WESLEYAN CHURCH on Greiner Road in Williamsville.  The drop off went quickly because there were two men who helped get the boxes into the lobby of the church.  

We stopped at Aldi's on the way back to Lockport (not the Lockport one, the one further out 78, which is MUCH bigger).  I purchased two boxes of quick bread mix that I can use to make more fruitcake.   After Peg dropped me off and I got my car, I went to Rite Aid and picked up my prescriptions.

I found a phone message from Myrna when I got home.  She had the procedure today (removal of the tube and bag) but after talking with the doctor, it was decided to NOT have the bad kidney removed next month.  Instead they will watch her for infection, etc. and do a scan in February. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024