MONDAY, November 8th, 2021

 I got up somewhat earlier than usual and went to Aldi's where I purchased a turkey as well as a turkey breast for Thanksgiving Dinner.  I took those items as well as three boxes of stovetop stuffing and two cans of Campbells turkey gravy to Peg and David's house, putting the turkey and breast into their freezer.  I fed Petra and cleaned out her water bowl and gave her fresh water, and cleaned out the litter box before calling Jan and picking her up. '

We went to the TOWN OF LOCKPORT NATURE TRAILS in the Town of Lockport.   We had a nice walk, and were very careful to make sure we knew where we were on the trails map.  We walked up to the blue X which stands for the waterfalls and a bit beyond and then we circled around and returned to the parking area.  

I took several pictures.  



As we were leaving, I asked Jan if she wanted to go someplace for lunch and she said yes.  She suggested we drive north to Newfane and see if there were any places to eat.  We did this, but nothing seemed open, except maybe Cafora's.  We continued on to Olcott and I drove to Mary Anne's cottage since I wanted to see the new paint job.  The place looks great. 


The yard has been cleaned up, too.  I hope I get to see the inside someday.  

Then we decided to drive to Wilson for lunch.   We accidentally bypassed the road to the business district and ended up at Wilson Tuscarora State Park.  We drove in and parked across from this building,

  We walked through it, to a deck/viewing area over the beach and Lake Ontario.  We noticed that there was a man with a dog down on the beach, and that picnic tables are scattered along the beach, so we walked south a bit and found a parking area which had a dirt walkway down to the beach.  We went down and walked around a bit



By that time we were starting to feel hungry, so we headed back to Wilson.  The nice restaurant that I had eaten at years ago appeared to be closed.  The small diner was for sale and closed.  We noticed Manny's Pizza had an open sign so we parked and went in.  It is a tiny, not at all attractive place and the owner (if that was Manny) was not overly friendly.  He said they did not have any menus and that the restroom is only available for employees.  We declined to eat there.

We headed back to Lockport and had lunch at Carsons.  I had the beef on weck plate.  A beef on weck, potato salad, tossed salad , a bag of chips and a fountain drink for around ten dollars.  Jan had a wrap. 

After that, I took Jan home, and then I remembered that I had a card I had written out for Liz Cloy who is in Lockport hospital, so I dropped it off before going home.   



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024