Sunday, November 21st

 I was laying in bed this morning right around nine a.m. and I was planning my day, telling myself what I would do in the morning and then in the afternoon.  Then all of a sudden I realized that IT IS SUNDAY, and I got out of bed fast.  First thing I called Maggie to see if she wanted me to pick her up for church and she did.   Betty called to tell me that she was not going to be in church this morning.  Church was very good.  Mary Watt was there and she and I talked for a few minutes after church.  Peggy kind of interrupted Mary and me to ask me if I could accompany her to deliver the OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD boxes.  We may do it Tuesday after the turkey dinner at the Y.   Dee asked me to save her a seat at the dinner since she may be late, due to dental appointment Tuesday morning.  

When I was taking Maggie home, she mentioned that she was going to make some scalloped potatoes, and all of a sudden, I decided I wanted some, too.    So, I stopped at Niagara Produce and bought some small red potatoes and when I got home, I quickly threw a small casserole of scalloped potatoes together.  They went well with some of yesterday's ham.

After my nap I made a batch of traditional CHEX MIX.  Even though I used extra worcestershire sauce, it turned out kind of bland.  When I make my second batch, probably tomorrow, I will use MORE than I used today.  


I talked with Myrna on the phone in the evening.  She will have her tube and bag removed tomorrow.  She told me that her brother and his family all have COVID, even though they are all vaccinated.  

I was on facebook when I saw Vera tell Rita DeTore that she is sorry about Mike.  I called Vera and found out that Mike passed away, possibly a heart attack, either yesterday or early today.  Mike owned VALUE MOTORS just outside Oneonta and I bought a couple of used cars from him.  He and Rita retired a few years ago and moved to Florida.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024