February 24th, 2022 Thursday and Friday the 25th.

THURSDAY:  Last night I slept better than I have since the pain in my leg started (about two weeks ago).  First thing this morning after I got up, I started a chuck roast, onions and carrots in my largest crockpot.  I got the ingredients ready for bread putting, which I will prepare for dessert.   

I went to Medwell and saw Erica regarding the strange, intermittent pain in my left hip, groin and leg.  She diagnosed the problem as INFLAMMATION.  She prescribed a six-day course of steroids.  She said that continuing my chiropractic treatment is OK.  When I got home, there was a recorded message from Rite Aid telling me it was ready.  I threw the bread pudding together and put it in the oven and went to pick up my two scripts:  the steroid and eye drops for after the laser surgery next Wednesday.  Rite Aid had a table set up just inside the front door, with lots of government issue N95 masks.  They are different (and better) than the other ones I picked up last week.  I came home and added the potatoes to the crockpot and made muffins for supper.  Took a nap, got up and cut the roast into smaller pieces and returned it the crockpot and added mushrooms.  Started making "pea salad".  

Peg arrived at 5:45, just as I was taking everything out of the crockpot.  Our meal was delicious!  I gave her enough for her lunch tomorrow as well as a couple of muffins and a helping of bread pudding for David.  We had a nice visit.  

I saw on the TODAY SHOW this morning that the tv show LAW AND ORDER is returning tonight after a 12 year hiatus, so I decided to try it.  I have never watched a full episode but I probably have seen a few bits of the show over the years.  

FRIDAY:    It snowed in the night and I decided to stay home today, instead of going to the Y for the one p.m. walking club.  I figured it was a good day to scan Peggy's pictures from her 1988 mission trip to Mexico and I completed that and put them all into a set on her flickr page.   All of the time I was scanning, labelling and moving to flickr, I was on hold with Social Security.  They have not issued Mary Anne's final benefit check.  I finally hung up and wrote them a letter, which I will put in the mail tomorrow.  

I tried a different recipe for YORKSHIRE PUDDINGS, to go with my leftover roast for lunch.  I am not happy with the way they turned out.  

Peg shared a short video of a Russian tank rolling right over an occupied vehicle in Ukraine.  I burst into tears while watching it.  I feel hatred for Putin.

The pain in my left groin, hip and leg is almost nonexistent today.  Of course, I have no way of knowing if it is the chiropractic treatment or the steroids the doc prescribed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023