Thursday, February 17, 2022 RECIPE FOR RAISIN BRAN MUFFINS

 I decided to make RAISIN BRAN MUFFINS for my breakfast, so I looked for a recipe using SELF RISING FLOUR and used it. I added dried cranberrys to a few of them.  I set the oven for 395 and they were done at about twenty minutes.  

  • 1 ¼ cup self-rising flour
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 3 cups Raisin Bran cereal
  • 1 egg
  • 1/3 cup vegetable cooking oil
  • 1 ¼ cup milk
  • Mix flour and sugar together. Set aside.

  • In another bowl, mix cereal, egg, oil and milk together.
  • When cereal is softened, add flour and sugar mixture, mixing well.
  • Spoon into a paper-lined muffin pan, making each muffin about 2/3 full.

  • Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until the muffins are golden brown.

    This is the picture from the recipe page.  They don't look exactly like this.  

  • PRETTY GOOD!!!   I decided to invite Peggy for supper.  We used to have supper together most Thursday nights before COVID, and then stopped.  David will come with her, but he will bring his own food.  

  • I found this recipe for banana pudding  https://www.theseasonedmom.com/summer-quick-and-easy-banana-pudding/   and if they have the cookies and pudding mix at Niagara Produce, I will get those items and make this later on.  

  •  

I went to Niagara Produce and purchased a few items.  I was totally out of milk, which I needed for the banana pudding.  I got as much ready as I could, including shredding the cabbage and slicing the onions for roasted cabbage and onions with.  I defrosted some leftover ham to add to this dish.  I defrosted some butternut squash, also.    After my nap, it was time to cook.  Everything was just about ready when Peggy arrived.  David had decided to fix himself a burger at home.

Peggy and I had a nice supper together.  Everything was delicious but the banana pudding was a bit of a disapointment.  It was not as good as I thought it would be.  I bagged up some leftovers for her to take home.  

I found the documovie FIRST THEY TOOK MY FATHER.  
First They Killed My Father (Khmerមុនដំបូងខ្មែរក្រហមសម្លាប់ប៉ារបស់ខ្ញុំMun Damboung Khmae Kraham Samlab Pa Robas Khnhum) is a 2017 Cambodian–American Khmer-language biographical historical thriller film directed by Angelina Jolie and written by Jolie and Loung Ung, based on Ung's memoir of the same name. Set in 1975, the film depicts 7-year-old Loung, who is forced to be trained as a child soldier while her siblings are sent to labor camps during the Khmer Rouge regime.   HOWEVER, I could not fix the settings to ENGLISH so I quit.  


Then I found the movie THE BEGUILED.  which takes place during the Civil War.
It is pretty good.  But Myrna called and we talked for a while, so I paused it.  I decided to try POISON TREE on PBS.  I think it is a mini-series.  So far so good.    Unfortunately, I fell asleep and missed the last half hour, so I don't know how it ended.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024