Thursday, February 3, 2022 SNOW!

 We had a few inches of snow during the night, and it is continuing.  Lockport schools are closed.  I won't be going anyplace today.  I prepared french toast for my breakfast and started soaking navy beans.  I took a ham bone out of the freezer.  

I worked more on sorting through my clothing.  I must have 12 or 14 black tops.  I had to put them in TWO different places.  Most likely I will forget that when I need a black top.  I also emptied out the dresser where I keep all of my vests.  I found that I have three purple vests.  I got rid of one vest and folded the rest and put them back.  I am making good progress with going through clothing.  The next task will be sorting through my pajama drawers.  

The beans took SEVERAL HOURS in the crockpot, AFTER cooking and soaking them according to the directions on the bag.  They do have a nice flavor, though, even though I would be happier if they were softer.  I roasted sweet potatoes and pineapple in the oven and made a pan of cornbread.  

Sue Rouse called, and we talked for a bit.  She did not seem to know that the weather is horrible, with ice under the snow, schools closed etc. and was thinking about going to Williamsville to donate platelets.  I told her NOT to go.  Her family is having a rough time.  Her daughter in law Joy is suffering from something unknown that requires her to have infusions several days a week, and her grandson who is a senior in high school is also struggling with something unknown and missed about three weeks of school.

While I was napping, Chuck shoveled my sidewalk.  I think I will try to get out tomorrow, to go to the Y for the walking club at one p.m.  

I finished the final season of LONGMIRE.   Then I found The Blue Hotel on Filmrise. 


It is from a Stephen Crane short story.  It says it was filmed in 1977 but it appears to be older.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024