Tuesday, February 15, 2022

 I attended the Ladies Life Group.  Glenda came for the first time, also another woman named Carolyn, I think maybe Pam invited her and that she might be a volunteer at Lockport Cares (the homeless shelter).  It was a good-sized group.  They were talking about going out to lunch after but since I was planning on going out to supper (spaghetti at Solid Rock Church in Gasport)  with Betty and Myrna, I declined.

Betty and I picked Myrna up at four thirty p.m.  I gave Myrna the fruitcake that I made for her last month and had in my freezer.  She gave me two bags of nuts to use in future fruitcakes.  

Supper at SOLID ROCK was good.  Becky was there with a friend and Sarah was there with a couple of her friends.  Sarah asked about when we will have our GAME NIGHT.  I told her I will talk with Elaine about it. 

On the way back to Gasport, Myrna wanted to stop at TOPS and return two packages of coffee that she purchased by mistake.  She was given a cash refund.  She needed a few other items, so I helped her find them.  She bought two jars of maraschino cherries for a future fruitcake.

We dropped Myrna off at her apartment.  She refused to let me walk her up to her apartment, but I insisted in walking with her until she was inside the first small lobby.  

When I got home there was a voice mail message from Peggy.   She said that she will have next Monday off from work and if the weather is good, maybe she and I can go on a hike or something.  I don't have anything planned next Monday so I called her back and we agreed to maybe go on a hike and also out to lunch.

I found the movie MINARI on Netflix.  I am disappointed that most of the spoken parts are in Korean, with subtitles, but I decided to try it anyways.

I checked on Reserve America to see if my June cottage might be available for an extra night.  I was very surprised to see that it is.  None of the other Fancher cottages are available that night, only F, the one I have reserved.   

So I have to make a decision:

1. Return to Lockport on June 8th and leave for the Ladies Retreat on the 9th.  Most likely I could ride  to Camp Li Lo Li with Peggy on the ninth and then back to Lockport with her on the 11th.   I think this might be kind of exhausting.  I would arrive home one day (probably in the middle of the day) and the next day head out again to get to Li Lo Li.  

                or 

2.  Leave ASP one day early and get back to Lockport on the 7th.  This would give me a bit of time to get rested up since I would not be leaving for Li Lo Li the day after I got home from ASP.  This would mean that I would have part of a day, then a full day and then another partial day before leaving for Li Lo Li.  It would shorten the time that Leslie and I have in ASP, though.  It would not save any money, though.  The price for six nights is the same as the price for seven nights.  

               or

3. Book an extra night, which would mean leaving ASP on the ninth instead of the eighth.  The ninth is the day that the Ladies Getaway starts, and Li Lo Li is a short drive from ASP.  Then I would have to drive myself back to Lockport at the end of the event rather than riding with Peggy.  

               or

4.  Maybe I can just change the dates and arrive a day later and leave a day later than the original reservations.  This would mean that after leaving ASP on Thursday I could go to Li Lo Li.   It wouldn't mean any extra time in ASP.  So it would NOT cost anything extra.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024