THURSDAY, March 31st, 2022 Outing With Jan and Maggie

 THURSDAY:  After my early morning appointment with Dr. Kurbs, I went home and called Jan and asked her if we were still "on" for going to Wilson to THE COOKIE COTTAGE.   She said yes and asked if Maggie might accompany us.  I agreed and suggested that she and Maggie drive over to my house and I would drive.  When they arrived, it was raining hard and the wind was blowing, so I invited them inside to wait a few minutes and see if the weather might improve.   It did get better after a few minutes and we headed out.

We found THE COOKIE COTTAGE


and we all purchased cookies.  We sat on a bench outside of the store and ate them.  Then we headed back, driving on 18 all the way to Olcott.  We stopped at the overlook/parking area at the east end.   I told Maggie and Jan that the way I remember it, from when I was a kid, it was the parking area for the beach with a path or stairs down to the water on the west end of the parking area.  Maggie remembers it that way, too.  She is the only one I know who remembers it this way.  

I had an opportunity to try out my new camera1 


The melting ice has formed rings!

We stopped at REID'S for lunch.  Their prices have gone up.  We were able to eat outside at a picnic table.  I had a white hot with sauce and fries with sauce and a small loganberry.  It came to over seven dollars.  A few years ago, I could get my lunch for under five dollars. 

I retrieved a message from Medwell when I got home and I called back and was told that I need to see an Orthopedic Doc.  I found one here in Lockport and made and appointment for the 11th.  

Connie called in the evening and we talked for a while.  She needs to go to Schenectedy next week to have her ability to drive evaluated.  It is required by Hampshire House.  She is the only person there with a car.  

I finished watching the three episode mini-series THE GUILTY on Tubi. It has a surprise ending, reminding me of the first episode of BROADCHURCH.
I started my homework for the Life Group and read a few pages in the Ruth Gruber book before going to bed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024