Tuesday, March 29th and Wednesday, March 30th 2022

MONDAY: First thing this morning I baked a half a batch of chocolate chip cookies to take to Peggy's house tonight when I will join her and David for supper.  They had time to cool before I had to leave for the Ladies Life Group.  On the way, I stopped at Betty's place and picked up her mail and checked on her car.  

The LIFE GROUP went great!!!  I am thoroughly enjoying it.  Peggy brought down a pile of fliers for this coming Sunday's CONNECT GROUP gathering after church.  It is called GRUB and GAMES.  I passed them out and collected the signed forms to take up to Peg at the end of the meeting, but she came down and I gave them to her. 

A bunch of us decided to meet up at Wendy's for lunch.  Glenda and I arrived first and snatched one of the round tables in the back.  Eventually, several others arrived and joined us.  I was finished with my meal before several of them arrived.  On my way home, I stopped at Rite Aid and picked up my prescription for Viberzi.  FINALLY.  I plan to change to Walgreens since Rite Aid always waits until the day my script is available to be refilled to order it. According to the woman at the drive thru yesterday (the day the automated system relayed to me that my script would be filled) the staff in the pharmacy has NO connection to the automated system. GO FIGURE.   When a person needs a certain medication, it is not good to deliberately let them run out of it.     Anyways, it was ready today and I picked it up, but hopefully it will be the last time I have to deal with the Rite Aid pharmacy.  I have given them MUCH MUCH patience since covid started and they became short staffed, but when they seem to deliberately withhold necessary medications, well that dissolves my patience.  

When I got home, there was a message from Elaine F.  and also, a message from Dr. Danaher's office, asking me to call back regarding where I will go for an x-ray of my hip and/or leg.  I returned the call and left a message.   They called back and we decided on GREAT LAKE IMAGING.  Later on, I retrieved a message from the place where I will have the x-ray done.  I will call tomorrow and set the date and time.

I had supper with David and Peggy:  fresh cod, pasta with shrimp and applesauce, and the chocolate chip cookies I took.  Everything was very good.  And after supper, we watched an episode of 911. When I got home, I checked my ON DEMAND on Spectrum and I get this show on the Fox network.

When I got home, I called Jan and asked her if she can help on Sunday after church, doing the set up for the CONNECT luncheon.  She will be picking up her new used car tomorrow, a CHEVY TRAX.  We agreed to tentatively go to Wilson to the Cookie Cottage on Thursday.

I watched THIS IS US and THAT THING ABOUT PAM.   I don't really care much for the PAM show, even though it is a true story.  But I think there is only one more episode next week, so I will stick with it.


WEDNESDAY

I was getting ready to go to HOME DEPOT to look for a gasket the drain on my tub when I remembered that I needed to call GREAT LAKE IMAGING about scheduling my hip x-ray.  When I called, I was offered an appointment in one hour, so I took it.  I quickly showered and changed into a pair of pants that would slip off easier and headed out and got there a few minutes early.  The x-ray went well and only took a few minutes.  Then I went to Home Depot and found the gasket and then to ALDI so I could do some STOCKING UP.  I got a lot of items that I will take upstairs.

I had the piece of TOMATO PIE that I got at Wegmans the other day for my lunch.  It was really good!   Then I watched some of INVENTING ANNA.


    I made some four bean salad, started the dishwasher and then laid down to take a nap.  My hip is not bothering me much at this time, although I do feel a twinge in my lower back.  

When Christa messaged me on FB and told me that she will be having double carpal tunnel surgery in a couple of weeks and that she won't be able to do anything for herself for a week or so, and will have a several weeks recovery, I offered to fly to Denver and help out.  She agreed and I booked a flight for the day after her surgery.  She will have it on Friday and I will arrive on Saturday.  I am so excited!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024