Thursday, March 24th , 2022 Chiro. and Dr. Wirth, Ordered a New Camera on Ebay

 I got up somewhat earlier than usual in order to be at Dr. Kurbs office for my second appointment of the week.  It went well.  Then I went home and I ordered a camera on ebay,


one that I found early this morning.  It is not the exact same model I have, I think it might be a bit newer model, brand new and still in its box, and coming from Niagara Falls, NY.   There were many others available, but they were not new and mostly were in other countries.  The price I am paying, over two hundred dollars is more than I wanted to pay and probably more than it sold for in stores, but I think it is exactly what I want in order to replace the NIKON COOLPIX that I have now which has become increasingly hard to charge.  I think it may be my fault, I may have misplaced the original CORRECT charger that came with the camera and used something wrong.  I have no idea how I would have misplaced the one that came with the camera.  

I headed out to Dr. Wirth's office to have the stitches taken out of my nose.  There was an accident very close to the intersection of Hopkins/Evans Street and Sheridan, so I had to turn right instead of left onto Sheridan, and turn around and head east.   I arrived about fifteen minutes early, but I am so glad I did.  I thought I recognized the Alexander family (Monica, her mother Donna and her father) in the waiting room and we got to chat a bit.  Monica is still living at home, and she has not been going to a day program, and both parents are exhausted.  I encouraged them to push a little.  The Alexanders are older than me, and Mr Alexander (I cannot remember his first name) appears to be in worse health than he was the last time I saw him, but that was in 2016.

A nurse removed my stitches.  I asked if I should use any particular product to minimize the scar and she said that Dr. W asks patients to wait six months.  She said I might be surprised at the results.  And, INDEED, I am.  Dr. W did a wonderful job.  

I went to WEGMANS after that and purchased some food items, mostly lactose free/gluten free snacks.  I used my gift card to purchase some items, including two great bags that I can use for shopping bags, in fact I used them.  After paying for my groceries, I had a very small panic when I realized that my NorthWest Bank debit card was not in my wallet.  After I got into my car, I remembered that I used it yesterday when I cashed a check at NW BANK, and that possibly the card was still in the envelope with the cash.  So, first thing upon arriving home I checked and found it.  RELIEF!!!!!

I decided to call Peg and ask if she and David might want to come over for supper.  They said yes, so I spent a couple of hours getting things ready before laying down to rest.  While I was working around the house, Mike called to tell me that our Aunt Jane passed away.   She was our Uncle Norman's second wife.  After Uncle Norman died, she went to live with her daughter, Vicky, in Gasport.  She was in her eighties.  

Supper with David and Peggy went well.  We had meatloaf, bbq pork ribs, ravioli filled with butternut squash, carrots, applesauce, placek and rosemary bread, with baked custard for desert.  David fixed one of the dining room chairs that came apart when he stood up after supper.  

I worked a bit on moving Disney pictures to flickr and watched RFDS: Royal Flying Doctor Service.    Betty called to ask if I had electricity.  Hers is off.  I asked her if she wanted to come over here and watch TV and she said no.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024