April 26th (Tuesday) and April 27th (Wednesday) in (Denver Botanic Gardens)

 TUESDAY: this morning, Christa asked me when I planned on leaving since she wanted to make an appointment (online) with her therapist.  I told her that if she wanted to do that, I could easily make myself scarce.  But I figure that she asked me that question because she is ready to "go it alone", so I went online and found a flight on Saturday with FRONTIER AIRLINES, a direct flight between Denver and Buffalo leaving early afternoon, which is a really good time for both me and Nik and Christa.  The Frontier website recognized me as an account holder. I must have opened my account in January of 2018 when I purchased my round trip to Denver for April of that year.  However, they had the year of my birth wrong and I was unable to change it to the correct year.  Christa got on the phone and we got it fixed and I made my reservation.  I communicated with Peg and she will pick me up at the airport Saturday evening.  

We had a frozen pizza for supper and watched one or two episodes of KILLING EVE and decided on a plan for tomorrow.  The three of us will go to the DENVER BOTANIC GARDENS.  Nik ordered our tickets online for noon, and we agreed to be ready to leave a little after eleven a.m.

WEDNESDAY:  I was the first one up and had breakfast out of the way before Nik and Christa got up.  A repair person came to work on the flooring just beyond their front door, and this held us up a little.  We arrived at the gardens about fifteen minutes late.  We spent a couple of hours there,  I took a lot of pictures and so did Christa. 






I think this is my favorite picture that I took.
and when we left I asked them to pick an interesting and unique place for a late lunch, early supper.  I suggested TERIYAKI MADNESS, but I guess that did not appeal to Nik.  We ended up at Cherry Cricket a popular burger place. 


It was pretty good, but I cannot call it spectacular.  Christa loved her burger which had goat cheese and fig jam on it, among other items.  I ordered a little burger, it was supposed to be a quarter of a
pound, but I don't think it was that big. 


It was good, though, and so was my side of coleslaw.  We got home around five p.m. and we all rested for a couple of hours before having some snacks and settling in to watch more of KILLING EVE (season three).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024