FRIDAY APRIL 8th, 2022 and Saturday April 9th, 2022

FRIDAY:  I slept great last night.  When I was sitting on the couch eating my breakfast and watching TV, I noticed something strange out on the ramp.  I went out to investigate and found a TOPS grocery cart.  I called the local TOPS here in Lockport and was told that they will send someone to pick it up. 

 I had my follow up appointment with Dr. Fetterman, in order to have my cataract repair checked.   He said it is fine.  He gave me a prescription for new glasses, but I don't feel confident that it is a good prescription since it was based on the "which is clearer, A or B?" procedure asked by a technician AFTER she put drops in my left eye (the eye that was going to be checked). I told her that my left eye was blurry from the drops.   So, I don't know what to do.  I can't go back to Dr. Legeratta because when he looks at my eyes, he will see that I had the procedure he recommended done someplace else!   I want new glasses because some of the finish has worn off of the left lens.   I think what I need to do is call Dr. Fetterman's office and ask what will happen during my next appointment which is in six months.  If it is going to be a complete eye exam. then I will just wait until then and get a new script at that time.  I also want to continue having the extra tests for glaucoma, etc. that Dr. Legeratta and my previous eye doctors in Oneonta used to do.   :

I went to Rite Aid and picked up both of my nasal sprays, to the post office and mailed some pictures to Mary, and to Subway to pick up a six-inch sub for my lunch.    When I got home, I had two important phone calls, one from Carrie's endocrinologist.  He told me the options for treating her osteoporosis and I told him which one I think Carrie will tolerate best.    The other call was from Pastor Larry _________who will be bringing a group of volunteers here tomorrow and they will rake up my lawn.

The grocery cart disappeared while I was laying down.  Jan messaged me that she bought a car, a TOYOTA, from Zach, at Basil Toyota.  She told him that I referred her and since she bought a car, they will send me a check for one hundred dollars.  I told Jan that I will split it with her and we can go and do something fun or special.  

I have been going through drawers and weeding out and sorting.  Tonight I sorted through one of my Dad's "junk drawers" and came across this picture.  


My parents and grandparents who lived in this house that I live in now rarely labelled pictures including this one.  It looks like it is in a church.  Obviously, it is a Christmas nativity play.  Teens and/or adults, and it might be in a church.  I think its possible that it could be the church Gail and I, and our grandmother Bowler and Aunt Linda went to in the 1950's.  It was on South Street.  The building still stands and it appears vacant now.  At one time, Faith Tabernacle (which has evolved into Freedom Church) met in the same building and I went there a few times probably in 1979 or 1980.    I posted it on LOOKING BACK AT LOCKPORT on Facebook and am hoping that someone who sees it recognizes someone or the location.  Someone circled who they think might be FATHER JOSEPH DUMPHREY  who was at St. Johns and DeSales and apparently he is still alive.  If I could find him and talk to him, I could ask him to tell me about this picture.

Myrna called and we talked for a while.


SATURDAY:  the crew showed up a bit late and did some raking and gathering up of twigs and leaves for about 25 minutes.  I wish they had done a bit more, but it is sufficient for my lawn guy to start mowing.  

I continued getting stuff together for my trip, and worked on organizing and straightening the bathroom some.  It was just too cluttered, and I think I have improved that situation somewhat.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023