Saturday, April 16th, 2022 To COLORADO!!!!!

 Peg came over in the morning to meet up with the woman who agreed to take the stove from the upstairs apartment.  Mission accomplished.  I continued getting ready for the trip and then we headed out.  We stopped at the church to deliver the coffee cakes for tomorrow.  A group of people were rehearsing on the stage in the sanctuary, for the Easter service. I took a few pictures.  



Peg dropped me off at the airport about 11:40 a.m.  I had been concerned about a long line at the check in spot, but there wasn't any.  I had actually checked in over the phone last night but was unable to access my itinerary info. on the UNITED website last night. BUT, all the agent had to do was look at my license and take my bag, which I had also checked in and paid for last night on the phone, and I was on my way.  I found my terminal easily and settled in with my book MY BRIDGES OF HOPE and used the ladies room twice and eventually boarded my flight. 

 The trip to Newark was smooth and short.   The NEWARK airport is huge and it was a bit of a walk to my terminal.  I had checked a flight information board a couple of times and found that the terminal number had changed.



  Once again, I settled in and read until it was time to board. I purchased a wrap and a Dr. Pepper from a little grocery store type place ate most if the sandwich while waiting.  I took my chromebook out but wifi did not seem to be available.  

 After I took my seat on the plane, I realized that I was sitting between a middle aged couple and their daughter.  So, I offered to switch seats with the daughter so they could all sit together (three to a seat) and I took her aisle seat across from my original seat.  I received several thank yous and God Bless You's, some in Spanish!  It was a four hour flight.  We were served drinks and tiny snacks.  

Once in the Denver airport, I found my way to BAGGAGE.   It involved escalators and a tram and when I finally got to baggage, I had a choice between going right or left.  I showed my luggage claim check to an agent who was waiting in a very convenient spot between the two areas, and she pointed the way.   When I turned around, there was Nikolai!   RELIEF.  No more decisions to make.  He took charge and we got my large suitcase (not all that large) and he took me to their beautiful new home near Aurora.

Christa was sitting on the couch, not looking very alert or chipper.  I was SO happy to see her.  We visited and I gave her the tin sign I had purchased in Kalamazoo.   They hadn't eaten yet so Nik put a frozen pizza in their air fryer, which looks like a toaster oven.  I had a small piece and a banana.  I changed my watch to reflect Colorado time, which is two hours earlier than New York time.  So, technically I had gained two extra hours, but it didn't feel like it.  I was very tired and I think I excused myself around ten p.m.

I have a lovely bedroom with a ROKU TV set up.   I got organized, hanging my shirts up and setting my personal items out.  I had a great nights sleep!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024