Sunday, April 3, 2022 GRUB and GAMES (Connect Group Luncheon) and MONDAY April 4th

 I picked Maggie up this morning for church.  She was all smiles because of good things that have happened in the past few days.  First, she found out that someone is paying her way to the LADIES OVERNIGHT at Camp LiLoLi, second a friend who owes her money is planning on visiting and paying her back this afternoon and I can't remember the third thing.

Pastor Ben gave a wonderful sermon.


  After the service was over, Jan and I met up with Peggy and Deb in the kitchen and we started setting up for the CONNECT LUNCHEON.  A lot of people came, and an extra table had to be set up.  We had soup and sandwiches and played BINGO.  Also, Ann Hood gave a brief talk about various scams and how we can spot them and protect ourselves. 

I was extremely tired when I got home and after I took the trash out, I crashed on the couch in front of TV.  I slept a bit and continued watching BEFORE WE DIE.  It is a Spectrum special and there are three episodes available now.  I don't know when more episodes will be added.


I spent some time in the evening sorting through pictures that have Carrie in them, to make sure they are scanned into flickr.  I will send some to Christa.  

MONDAY the 4th

I had my nine-a.m. appointment with Dr. Kurbs. He made this remark "Carolyn, if nothing else, you will have your head screwed on right."  At my next appointment this coming Thursday, I will have a second evaluation.

 Then I decided it might be a good time to go to the CUTTING CREW and either get a haircut or make an appointment for one. I asked Brianna, the receptionist to print up a statement for all the visits I had up until today and she agreed to give it oe me on Thursday when I have my second evaluation done.   I pretty much lucked out and I was taken right in.  I had a deep conditioning treatment and an inch cut off.  I don't really like how it looks now bause she took all the curl out of it when she blow-dried it.

I decided it was a good day to get gas, for the first time in my new car.  The pump did not want to accept my card, but after a minute or two a worker came out of the store and said it was stuck and he did something to get it moving.

Then I went to DOLLAR TREE and then to HOME DEPOT to get some lawn and leaf bags, and then to Molinaro's where I picked up a slice of pizza.  I had hoped to get a couple of rolls for burgers there, but apparently, they do not make rolls anymore.  

When I got home I remembered that I needed to call Mike since he left several lights on in the garage a couple of days ago and I did not know how to turn the light in the attic of the garage off.  I called him and he told me where to find the switch.  

I started watching LONG SLOW EXHALE on Spectrum.  I like it.  I fixed myself a couple of burgers for supper. 

  Peggy called and she is coming over later on.  I think she wants to talk to me about  our cousin Judy.  She said something is going on and it is not good.  Judy and her mother (my Aunt Hiriko) have always had a stormy relationship.  Now Hiroko is on Hospice care.  When Peggy visited her Hiroko said she does not know why Judy hates her so much.   Judy had asked Peg to tell her mother that she loves her, so Peggy did and Hiroko said she was open to Judy visiting.  Something seems to have happened since then, though.  I can't imagine what since Judy and her husband are on their way back from a few months in Florida.  

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024