Thursday, April 14th, 2022 COLONOSCOPY DAY and FRIDAY 4/15 (Good Friday) TGIFG

 The preparation routine that Dr. Chubineh gave me was the WORST EVER.  In the past, I am pretty sure I started the procedure earlier than four p.m.  This routine involved gas pills, Dulcolax, and MiraLAX.  I think I may have gotten a full hour of sleep (if I was lucky) due to running to the bathroom over and over again all night and having to start the last step of the prep. routine at four thirty a.m. this morning.  UGH

Anyways, the procedure went just fine.  I had an afternoon nap and rested the rest of the day.  I decided to use my large colorful purse/bag that I won at one of the CareNet banquets for the trip.  I found my charger for my old CoolPix camera.   However, it did charge that camera.  

I tried to check my flight status on the UNITED AIRLINES website, but it told me that I did not have any flights with them.  I called customer service and talked to a woman named Vivian who confirmed my flight easily.  I was really tired watching BULL which came on at ten p.m. and I think I drifted off to sleep a couple of times.  I slept well. 

FRIDAY:  I worked on packing all morning.  Betty called to see if I wanted to have supper with her at THE SHAMUS, and I agreed to meet her there at five p.m. I put the VENZA in the garage and then went to NorthWest Bank to get some cash for the trip and then took a book back to the library.  I am glad I tried out carrying my large Vera Bradley purse because I found out that it is just too big and bulky, so I changed to a smaller VB purse when I got home.  I eliminated a few small things.   

Supper at THE SHAMUS was very good.  We both had the broiled fish, rice pilaf and coleslaw.  We still had a little bit of extra time before the Good Friday service.  I needed a warmer jacket, so I went home.  While there, I called UNITED and signed in for my flight tomorrow, paid for my check in bag and upgraded my seat to a larger one with more leg room for the second part of the flight between Newark and Denver.  

The GOOD FRIDAY service was spectacular! 


I visited with Marlene a bit after the service.  When I got home, I went on the United Airlines website hoping to bring up my boarding passes but they are still not available, the site says I have no trips.  The woman I spoke to earlier today said if this happens, I will have to finish up at the airport.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024