Tuesday, April 12th and Wednesday April 13th

TUESDAY: I dropped off a bag of ice packs at FREEDOM CHURCH, for Peggy to use in the upcoming Easter brunch.  I will not be there for it or working in the preparation for it because I will be in Colorado by then.   I also dropped off a list of proposed activities for the members of the Tuesday morning Ladies Life Group.  Betty agreed to send the list around and have the ladies initial the ones that interest them.  Then I went to Rite Aid and picked up two prescriptions.  Then I went home for a few minutes before heading out to Lewiston to meet up with Carrie and Sue for Carrie's breast scan appointment.  On the way to Oxbow, I stopped at the Lewiston TOPS and purchased a box of lemon Jello mix.  I will make it up tonight, so I can eat it tomorrow when I am on the liquid diet for my colonoscopy.

The appointment went well.  I was surprised at how well Carrie cooperated.  We will have to wait for a report from the doctor.  

When I got home, I prepared lunch and put on today's BEN SHAPIRO episode on The Daily Wire.   I was just finishing up when Geneva knocked on my front door.  I met Geneva at Faith Tab. Church years ago, before she left to attend a black church.  Then she helped me with Carrie for a year or so before Carrie moved to Oxbow.  Geneva is collecting signatures in order to run for the school board.  We got talking and I made a few suggestions of people I think will be happy to sign.  We had such a nice visit and agreed that we need to stay in better touch with each other.  

Kim Wilson, a friend from church who works at WalMart posted this picture on Facebook:  

with a caption that there is still time to buy Easter goodies!!!

Ben Shapiro and Bari Weiss both talked about an article by Jonathan  Haidt     in the ATLANTIC.  I found the article.  It is really deep.  This is the name of the article:  

WHY THE PAST 10 YEARS OF AMERICAN LIFE HAVE BEEN UNIQUELY STUPID

 This is my favorite part: 

 The most pervasive obstacle to good thinking is confirmation bias, which refers to the human tendency to search only for evidence that confirms our preferred beliefs. Even before the advent of social media, search engines were supercharging confirmation bias, making it far easier for people to find evidence for absurd beliefs and conspiracy theories, such as that the Earth is flat and that the U.S. government staged the 9/11 attacks. But social media made things much worse.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024