WEDNESDAY, April 6th and THURSDAY April 7th

WEDNESDAY I slept pretty well last night.  I called Gail and left a message about she and I possibly going to see our Aunt Hiroko at the HOSPICE CENTER, where she is residing in the long-term care wing.  Gail did not call back.  I will call her tonight and ask if she wants to do this tomorrow.

I called Jan and asked if she would like to go to MILLER'S.  She said yes so I picked her up at her place.  We got to talking and I failed to turn at Wrights Corners and we did not realize we were not heading to Millers until we were almost to Olcott.  So, we turned around and got back to Wright's Corners and finally made it to Millers.  We were surprised that there were so few people in the store.   We purchased items and headed back towards Lockport.

I stopped at the Rochester Road so Jan could mail some letters at the TOPS.  Then I took Jan to the Rite Aid on the corner of Summit and Transit where she picked up a prescription.  When we got to her place, she did not seem anxious to get out of the car.   

After lunch (the sandwich from Miller's was soooo good) I rested.   I prepared a steak for my supper, but I was disappointed at the lack of flavor.  I think I am going to go back to marinating my steaks.  I called Gail in  the evening and we talked for 45 minutes.  She does not want to go visit Aunt Hiroko in Hospice.  I think she just does not feel connected with her. 


THURSDAY:  The sleeping pills I took last night helped!  Even though I got up once to use the bathroom, I got plenty of sleep.  I woke up at eight a.m. and had to hustle a bit to get to Dr. Kurb's office  on time.  I had my evaluation from Dr. Kurbs this morning, and then I ran home for a few minutes before going to HOSPICE to visit Aunt Hiroko.  She seemed happy to see me and we had plenty to talk about.  When I got home I had a few phone messages to tend to. Then I prepared lunch and baked the rest of my chocolate chip cookie dough, and shortly after that Peggy and David arrived to do some jobs in what used to be the upstairs apartment.  We are turning this building into a one family home.  Peggy showed me a door (on her phone) that they found ate Home Depot.  It is very nice, and they say it is very sturdy and has as good strong lock.  I told them to go ahead and get it and I will pay for it.  (I still have $1,500) of Carrie's stimulus money that I need to spend.  

While I was in Dr. Kurb's waiting room I leafed through the latest issue of BUFFALO SPREE and a movie on HULU was recommended:  NIGHTMARE ALLEY, so I decided to check it out.  So far, I like it.  

I started doing the voluminous paperwork required by Dr. Nenno's office. He is the orthopedic doctor that I will see on Monday.  

I finished the movie, prepared a couple of hot dogs and pork and beans for supper and settled in for Thursday night TV.  I pulled out one of my junk drawers and went through it, throwing some items away.  I found pictures from a trip Mary and I took in 2008 to the Adirondacks and I will send them to her.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024